“Wonderful place to stay!!”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
N Carolina
“Wonderful place to stay!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2007

We have a traditional "girl's weekend" away every year. Glenstone is the choice of places to stay! We had a wonderful time staying there. The rooms were VERY clean. The staff were all very helpful and if we had any problem, they corrected it immediately. We're on our way again to stay there this week, we can't wait!! We all highly recommend this hotel as the place to stay. It's on a side street and is in walking distance to the downtown area.

• Liked — It was very clean
  • Disliked — nothing! I liked everything about it!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank tugtup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Kentucky
Reviewed July 31, 2007

My husband, two boys, and I just got home from our stay in Gatlinburg. We had a great time. The hotel was more than what we expected for only $99 a night. The boys had fun in the pool, and the breakfast was great. We have no complanints, and would stay here again. The walk to the strip was a little bit of a hike, but the extra excercise certainly did not hurt us!

• Liked — price
1 Thank TravelingKings05
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 30, 2007

We stayed at the Glenstone because my husband had fond memories of going there when he was growing up. His memories have now been tainted due to the lack of cleanliness and poor hotel management. The indoor pool has stains all through the carpet and there is a significant amount of algae on the concrete surrounding it. The room was borderline acceptable during our stay, however as we were getting ready to check out, we received a call from the rooms previous occupant. She stated that her family all had come down with lice and she was positive it came from the hotel. She said that she had let the hotel know the previous day. This alerted us to check our 2 year old daughter's head and sure enough-she had nits in her hair. I asked the desk why they hadn't let us know that the guest had called with this information. The desk manager said that they didn't want to alarm us. He also stated that they had inspected our room while we were not there. The two managers, Ursula and Pierre, were very impolite and disrespectful. We could not believe the way they spoke to us during the matter. They left us with the feeling that they could care less about the situation and it was now our problem to deal with. When asked for the owner's name and email, they refused to give it to us. It is sad that there is no way for the owner of the establishment to know how his staff is treating the guests. Needless to say, we will not be returning to the Glenstone.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
4 Thank sjunker

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

West Tennessee
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I have stayed here before and have to say it looked as if they had changed management because it was an even nicer stay this time. Nice rooms , cleaned very well also. Staff was friendly ...will stay there again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — walk to town
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Stay away from this dated hotel! It may be cheaper than other hotels in Gatlinburg, but it's not worth saving a few dollars.

When my wife and I arrived, the front desk attendant decided to answer the phone rather than check us in. After two phone calls, I was able to check in. Upon entering our room on the top floor, the room seemed to be as advertised. It looked "old", but was fairly clean. Our "non-smoking room" did have an odor, along with several ash trays scattered across the room.

The king-sized bed was fairly comfortable, but that's the only good thing this hotel had to offer. The "wireless internet" that was advertised was a lie. A weak connection was available in the lobby that was filled with 1970's furniture. In-room WIFI was non-existent.

Then there were the showers. Every morning, we had to play hopskotch in the shower, as the water pressure and temperature would vary greatly. One minute it has good water pressure with ice cold water, and then a trickle with scalding hot water, and then the occasional warm setting with average water pressure - all of this without even touching the faucet. It reminded me of a kid's play shower in a park.

Long story short - If you like the 1970's and don't shower much, then this hotel may be for you. For those of us who like to pay average modern day prices for average modern day services, then look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank keiheric
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Well, Let's just say that this Hotel was beautiful on the outside. That was about all that was okay. The room wasn't emaculate by no means. Only 1 person could fit in the bathroom. The Balcony was tiny and dirty as well. The Bathtub had a hair clog the size of China. Then came the Lice. We got home 3 days later and BOOM, we all had it. My 3 children, myself and my husband. All got them. We hadn't been anywhere else to get the bugs. As a mother, I know how long it takes and how you get it. We definitely got it there. When I called the hotel to tell them about it, they acted as if I was crazy. They said they would inspect the room (#536), then get back with me. Guess what, no phone calls yet, and they won't return mine either. They won't do anything for our family in regards to refund or even the 80.00 worth of RID I had to use to detox my house and family...So, do yourself and others a favor....Stay away from the Glenstone Lodge in Gatlinburg, TN

• Liked — Okay Breakfast Buffett
  • Disliked — Bugs
3 Thank flytheskies
ohguy937
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Austin Powers would feel right at home in this hotel ...its right out of 1975--in a BAD way. The musty odor hits you when you walk in the door, then the visual takes over ... ragged carpet and rugs, worn out wood and furniture. Upon entering the room, i was greeted with a different, yet still unpleasant odor and a dirty floor. When checking the bathroom (which pre-dates 1975 I'm sure!) I noticed the shower curtain was missing. The room looked like it hadn't been used in months-after being told I was being put in a 'King Deluxe Room' mind you. The pool area would certainly make for a great science lab as there was more fungus and mildew than I have seen indoors in quite some time. The carpeting around the pool is, how can I put this delicately, DISGUSTING! After less than 30 minutes in this establishment I went to the front desk and told them that I wasn't staying. The unfriendly hostess said smugly, 'we'll charge you anyway.' Now that is real customer service! It took a call to a manager a few days later to actually have my charge refunded. don't let the lodge's website fool you...the photos are VERY misleading! RUN, don't walk, away from this place!

• Liked — absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — nothing of merit in this place!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple