“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Gainesville, Georgia
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

WE check in to Glenstone after a horrible reservations with another hotels that was filty. The manager was the most helpful I've ever met . Her name was Sandra she went above and beyond to satisfied and make our Anniversaery the best she could possiblty do.
The hotel was very very clean and the pool area was spotless.

Stay here it great!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed August 10-13 and after driving for 9 hours we arrived in Gatlinburg around 8am. We stopped at the Glenstone Lodge b/c I wanted to be sure that this was where I wanted to spend our vacation based on past reviews and we were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. I believe check in is at 2pm but since our room was ready the kind lady at the front desk allowed us to check in at 8am! This was very generous and greatly appreciated. The room we were given was one located inside the hotel where the entry is from the hall and the balcony is on the opposite side of the room. The noise level was tolerable and if you ran the a/c it blocked out all noise. The room was very clean but could use some updates. The TV is very outdated as was the wallpaper border and curtains. The bathroom was very small, but again clean. The balcony is a nice idea but it would have been nicer if they were private but its a great way to meet people I guess but the a/c from the floor above will drip down to the balcony that is under it. Don't make a big deal about it, just move your chair.

The location, in my opinion, was ideal. It is just off the main strip. It's in walking distance to about everything except the aquarium, but we had little kids and it was 98 degrees so maybe you could walk to that too.

The hotel has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. We tried them both. The indoor pool was so hot that it was uncomfotable to be in. The temp of the water and the temp of the hot tub felt about the same. I also didn't feel that the indoor pool was the most clean either. The outdoor pool was very nice. It was large for a hotel pool and never crowded. This one was very clean.

Lastly, there is NO need to drive around the national park if your goal is to see a bear. I was sitting on one of their benches talking on my cell(poor reception) around 930pm one evening and to my right about 20 ft away walking on the sidewalk was a black bear. After I was safely inside and calmed down I was speaking to the lady at the front desk and she said that they have bears all the time and one in particular visits almost nightly! I think it would be great to include this kind of information in a welcome package! Us city folk don't expect to see a bear coming towards you while you are in town in front of your hotel lobby!

So to sum up. It was a great stay. We got a great deal of only $49 per night. Everyone left happy. What more can we ask for?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2010

One of the strangest experiences ever: upon check-in the two front desk staff could not agree on whether they had already checked another customer into the room I had reserved. They gave me the key card and told me to go upstairs and check. I ended up walking in on a woman in her pajamas! While they searched the computer for another room for me, the staff commented that they hoped they wouldn't have to downgrade me. (I would hope not!) The next day they blocked me out of the room for not paying, despite the fact that I had given (and they had authorized) two of my credit cards for payment. I asked if they could have notified me when they thought there was a billing problem, instead of locking me out of the room. They said that they did try to reach me on the room phone (yes, the same room they were locking me out of) but didn't think to try my cell phone. The housekeeping staff kept asking us throughout our stay what we wanted done with the cleaning - when we replied "what you normally do" they looked very puzzled and several times left our beds unmade if we had left articles of clothing on them. The final comedic moment occurred when a friend staying in a room down the hall called down to the front desk to report problems with the internet connection. The front desk staff recommended that they open the door to the room to let the signal in. The one bright spot was the breakfast: great omelet station!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Chelsea, Alabama
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We visited Glenstone lodge with a womens church retreat and the experience could not have been better!! From Micki in group reservations to the front desk assisting us with all our needs (this was a womens group!) it was one of the best retreat experiences I have ever had. I was in charge of finding the hotel and Glenstone made me look like a genius! Every request was met with a smile and the breakfast was FANTASTIC!! My family and I will be visiting Gatlinburg on a trip this fall and we will be staying at the Glenstone Lodge.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We had a big family reunion in Gatlinburg at a large log cabin (thru Majestic Mountain Resort) that didn't work out as planned. It was filfthy dirty and the plumbing didn't work. Anyway, instead of staying in this awful cabin for the final night, we contacted Glenstone about putting us up. They were great. They put us in 7 rooms all together on one floor. The kids got to enjoy two really nice pools, on inside, the other out. Plus, we were within walking distance of the Gatlinburg attractions. Rooms were very clean and reasonably priced.
Nice job Glenstone! Thanks for making the last 2 days of our reunion so much fun.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We checked in to 3 rooms, 2 were adjoining and the other by side. Staff treated us very good, from front desk to houskeeping and their breakfast is to die for. Pools were great, kids really love them. I will be back.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The pics of the pool & a call from a reservations sales rep swayed our decision to try the Glenstone Lodge. Made the reservation for a 1 night stay (July 4th) as we traveled back to Nashville from a Myrtle Beach trip. First off let me say the "holiday rate" pricing is a complete rip off, $90 - $119 for one night.
Upon pulling up to the facility we noticed they had hired one top notch photographer to take their promo/marketing shots. The place looked like it was stuck in time (circa 1980), very dark, not well lit & musty smell. Made our way to the front desk, received our room key for our non-smoking room & proceeded up the elevator. we opened the door to a VERY, VERY thick, heavy SMOKE smell (I have been in bars that smelled less like smoke). Immediately wen back downstairs to speak to the front desk. She assured me that ALL rooms were non-Smoking, but since there was a balcony, they could not keep people from smoking on their balconies. We were promptly issued a new room key & proceeded to head that way. Second room was not much better; less smoky, but had garbage on the balcony, a leak from upstairs AC dripping down, stains on the carpet & a bed not much softer than a cardboard box.
Needless to say, we left the facility & demanded our deposit. To which we were told that there was no way since it was a holiday. I asked to speak to a manager & was told nobody was available, someone would call me the next day. The facility was no where near capacity & we knew out why.
If you are looking for cheap, smoke friendly, old, outdated, rude staff & general nastiness, the Glenstone Lodge is your place. If not, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family