“The Staff Here Is Not Bright” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Sarasota, Florida
“The Staff Here Is Not Bright”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

One of the strangest experiences ever: upon check-in the two front desk staff could not agree on whether they had already checked another customer into the room I had reserved. They gave me the key card and told me to go upstairs and check. I ended up walking in on a woman in her pajamas! While they searched the computer for another room for me, the staff commented that they hoped they wouldn't have to downgrade me. (I would hope not!) The next day they blocked me out of the room for not paying, despite the fact that I had given (and they had authorized) two of my credit cards for payment. I asked if they could have notified me when they thought there was a billing problem, instead of locking me out of the room. They said that they did try to reach me on the room phone (yes, the same room they were locking me out of) but didn't think to try my cell phone. The housekeeping staff kept asking us throughout our stay what we wanted done with the cleaning - when we replied "what you normally do" they looked very puzzled and several times left our beds unmade if we had left articles of clothing on them. The final comedic moment occurred when a friend staying in a room down the hall called down to the front desk to report problems with the internet connection. The front desk staff recommended that they open the door to the room to let the signal in. The one bright spot was the breakfast: great omelet station!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Chelsea, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

We visited Glenstone lodge with a womens church retreat and the experience could not have been better!! From Micki in group reservations to the front desk assisting us with all our needs (this was a womens group!) it was one of the best retreat experiences I have ever had. I was in charge of finding the hotel and Glenstone made me look like a genius! Every request was met with a smile and the breakfast was FANTASTIC!! My family and I will be visiting Gatlinburg on a trip this fall and we will be staying at the Glenstone Lodge.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We had a big family reunion in Gatlinburg at a large log cabin (thru Majestic Mountain Resort) that didn't work out as planned. It was filfthy dirty and the plumbing didn't work. Anyway, instead of staying in this awful cabin for the final night, we contacted Glenstone about putting us up. They were great. They put us in 7 rooms all together on one floor. The kids got to enjoy two really nice pools, on inside, the other out. Plus, we were within walking distance of the Gatlinburg attractions. Rooms were very clean and reasonably priced.
Nice job Glenstone! Thanks for making the last 2 days of our reunion so much fun.

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We checked in to 3 rooms, 2 were adjoining and the other by side. Staff treated us very good, from front desk to houskeeping and their breakfast is to die for. Pools were great, kids really love them. I will be back.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

The pics of the pool & a call from a reservations sales rep swayed our decision to try the Glenstone Lodge. Made the reservation for a 1 night stay (July 4th) as we traveled back to Nashville from a Myrtle Beach trip. First off let me say the "holiday rate" pricing is a complete rip off, $90 - $119 for one night.
Upon pulling up to the facility we noticed they had hired one top notch photographer to take their promo/marketing shots. The place looked like it was stuck in time (circa 1980), very dark, not well lit & musty smell. Made our way to the front desk, received our room key for our non-smoking room & proceeded up the elevator. we opened the door to a VERY, VERY thick, heavy SMOKE smell (I have been in bars that smelled less like smoke). Immediately wen back downstairs to speak to the front desk. She assured me that ALL rooms were non-Smoking, but since there was a balcony, they could not keep people from smoking on their balconies. We were promptly issued a new room key & proceeded to head that way. Second room was not much better; less smoky, but had garbage on the balcony, a leak from upstairs AC dripping down, stains on the carpet & a bed not much softer than a cardboard box.
Needless to say, we left the facility & demanded our deposit. To which we were told that there was no way since it was a holiday. I asked to speak to a manager & was told nobody was available, someone would call me the next day. The facility was no where near capacity & we knew out why.
If you are looking for cheap, smoke friendly, old, outdated, rude staff & general nastiness, the Glenstone Lodge is your place. If not, STAY AWAY.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

Loud noises till 2 am the first night, running back and forth on balconies, laughing partying. Second night same scenario, called down stairs at 2am to complain and was told they had been trying to call the people. Waited another 30 min then went to desk and told them if they didn't get this stopped that I would call police to get it under control No hotel security at all. Rooms are dirty, with mold above bathroom door. Air condition loud, gaps in the front door so bad that when people go outside to smoke beside you the smoke filters in your room. Children being allowed to jump from top pool to bottom pool when clearly posted rules instruct no to, band-aids floating in pool area. Very disappointed would never stay here again. Go check out a room before reserving you will see what I mean.

Griffithsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I had a group of 60 wedding guests staying at the Glenstone Lodge. The service was wonderful and all of our guests were treated to a wonderful weekend. The lodge also catered our reception at their outdoor pavilion. The food was excellent as well as their service. Micki and Ilene were especially helpful with all our needs. I would definitely recommend the Glenstone Lodge for large or small groups. It is conveniently located and you will not be disappointed with the stay!

• Stayed July 2010