“Do you want to feel like you're staying in a campground?”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #44 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
South Carolina
“Do you want to feel like you're staying in a campground?”
Reviewed February 19, 2010

If you want to spend $100 to feel like you're experiencing the dirt, smells and sounds of a campground, then this is the hotel for you! If you want one that is clean, quiet and has good service, then I suggest you go elsewhere. We stayed at Glenstone because it was one of the teatured hotels for the Gatlinburg Classic Gymnastics Meet and we were HIGHLY disappointed and I hope the meet directors will not recommend this hotel again! It was dirty, smelly and noisy and I had to put towels around the door because there was such a gap and it felt and sounded like we were staying outdoors! I don't know how the pool in this hotel passes modern safety inspections. The only positve things about the hotel are that it is close to the Convention Center and it did have a decent breakfast. The breakfast should have been complmentary though for all that the customers have to endure to stay there!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
South Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2010

First of all, once we got in to our inn room, I went in to the bathroom and it was SMALL! I could hardly walk in it. The shower was surprisingly big. When I got in bed, I smelled coffee. I looked on the night stand, and coffee was spilled all over it! There was nothing to choose from on the TV. The bed was squeaky. When I tried to go to sleep, the floors above me squeaked like crazy! The pool WAS clean. One good point was that there was a security guard on site. Do not stay here!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Reviewed December 29, 2009

Ok the first thing was the place smelled awful.The swiming pool was dirty and the carpet had stains.But the worst part was they had bedbugs so I would recommend you not to come here.

• Stayed January 2010
Reviewed December 28, 2009

100 dollars with tax, clean room..clean bed, new shower hot water, indoor pool.. No bugs no stains.. Smelled funny on the first floor.. Ask for the top level very nice.. Ordered pizza guy came right to our door within 10mins (dominos).. If you need a bed and a shower this place works...

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank firegod91101
N. Atlanta
Reviewed December 27, 2009

We stayed 1 night and we thought our room was adequate. All of the decor is dated in the hotel, including the lobby and rooms. However, our room was clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was average size and the tub appeared new. I could not get any hot water in the shower and so suffered through a cold shower. My husband called the front desk and asked for hot water and 5 minutes later we had hot water. Not sure if they don't always turn it on? I had never experienced that before. The pool area is kind of dated also. We got a really good deal at $62 a night which I thought was fair. I might have been upset if we had paid more. Overall, we were happy for one night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Tn
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Photos are very deceiving, staff rude, but the thing that sent us packing was the roach bugs crawling from behind the headboard

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank punkytn25
Muncie, IN
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed here for the 4th time this October. The same things that keep bringing us to Glenstone were just as we expected them. Clean room, clean and warm pool, great breakfast buffet and great location.

Some people think the location is not close to the strip but you really are about a block away. Yes it is uphill on the way back but if you can't walk a block uphill then maybe Gatlinburg is not the place for you. We have a 6 year old and a 10 month old so I know what it's like to push a stroller up the hill. Again if you can't do it find another town to vacation in.

Another great stay.