“Average at best”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had stayed in this hotel in years past, and in its time, was one of the nicest hotels around. Now, however, it is a little out of date. The rooms were clean enough and the pool area was still nice (one of the coolest pools around), but the whole feel of the place just felt dated, and there were small things that needed to be fixed/upgraded. But overall it was a good stay and the service staff was nice, it just needs some upgrades.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at our hotel while traveling through Gatlinburg. We love to hear from our guests as it gives us an opportunity to share feedback with our team members. We hope to see you again in the near future!! Sincerely, Andy

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The first room we had was on a lower floor but the door to the balcony made an awful screeching sound when opened and did not lock. We then got moved to a room on a higher floor where the balcony door still did not lock but it was high up enough I wasn't concerned but the hot water for the shower took about 20 minutes to heat up. The staff was not very helpful and didn't really seem to care that we were having so many problems. The waterfall on the indoor pool (one of the main reasons we chose this hotel) was also not turned on, they said it was working fin they just didn't have it on. Also after leaving the pool area you are *required* to use the service elevator and not the one meant for guests... I was extremely disappointed with our stay here.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms take a long time (and I mean 20 min or more) for the water in the shower to h...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor, and it is disappointing that you did not consider your stay to be "stellar". However, comments such as yours are great training tools for our staff so that we might continually improve our product and service..

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had to check in at the Glenstone Lodge due to our early arrival at another resort. I would like to acknowledge Mr. Stephen Fink at the front desk who took care of all my needs which I was with my 10 month old granddaughter. His customer service goes far and beyond. When I told him my time share referred us to Glenstone Lodge he was very nice in taking care of us for the room overnight. I would like to thank him for a great stay and I would highly recommend this Location for a great stay as well as a friendly staff. Thank you again Mr. Stephen Fink for a doing a job well done.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here in Gatlinburg. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to stay with us soon...

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is somewhat older and as an older establishment does have some defects but it has one of the most beautiful indoor swimming pools I have seen in a hotel with such a moderate nightly fee. The staff were excellent and the food at the buffet breakfast was wonderful. I will definitely stay here again and again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main hotel are nicer and quieter than those on the outer section.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great value for your money. Great indoor pool. Great location for walking to attractions in Gatlinburg. I would recommend this property to anyone coming to Gatlinburg or surrounding areas. We actually used this location as a base to see different waterfalls in southwestern NC. We were able to see about 10 of 16 published falls there. The most spectacular of them all was Whitewater Falls. It is 411 feet tall and is the tallest east of the Mississippi. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I only stayed one night at the Glenstone. The location was perfect, just off the Gatlinburg strip and close to my favorite Roaring Fork Motor trail. They have a large lobby with a glass elevator a breakfast buffet for $8.95 (I had my own food ). For October the price was quite reasonable and the room was large. The only complaint I had was the elevator in the back was broken and I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs when I had to park in the back. I got lucky and parked in the front for check out. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Pool side room is nice but it may be noisy til 11 pm.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife found a coupon on Groupon for this place and we wanted to go and check out the fall colors in the Smokey Mountains. Our daughter loves to swim, so it seemed like a great place. We stayed on Monday-Wednesday at the end of October 2013. We were put into room 149, right behind the waterfall. That was the only complaint that we really had was that the waterfall is noisy when it is on, which is from afternoon until around 11 pm. We have a toddler who takes a nap, so it was loud, but she slept through it.
The room was older and not remodeled. But, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. We requested a room with a fridge and they gave us one.

The pool is really nice. There is an upper and lower. The bad thing about the upper is that, while it is warmer than the lower, it is 7' deep at its shallowest, so not good for little ones. We swam two of the three days.

This lodge is about 1/2 mile walk from the heart of Gatlinburg. We walked it several times, with a 4 year old and pushing a stroller and it was no problem. My wife and I actually enjoyed the walk.

There is a breakfast restaurant with a buffet for $8.99 that is very good. We ate at it both times. We were going to try a different restaurant on Wednesday, but decided that we'd pay the same price, but not for the choices the buffet has.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you go on the outside, you will have to walk outside to access the indoor pool. If you get a room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1967Yankeesfan

Thank you for your recent review oon TripAdvisor of the Glenstone Lodge. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable and we hope you will choose to stay with us again when you travel in Gatlinburg