“review”

Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
“review”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I loved the pool area. I loved the baskets for dirty towels and the hugh basket of clean towels. The pool appeared clean every day. I will stay here again someday. I told my friends about the pool and how great it was for children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review oon TripAdvisor of the Glenstone Lodge. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable and we hope you will choose to stay with us again when you travel in Gatlinburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Clanton, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

GlenStone lodge is about 3 city blocks from the Middle of Town. It took us about 10 mins to walk into town. Located Just behind the Space needle and Ripleys Believe it or not. We checked in and the room was ready Nice and Clean. Sure this Hotel is an older one but they keep it in tip top condition. The beds had 4 pillows and were very comfortable. We did not eat breakfast there because we were only in town a few days and wanted to get into the park early to see the sunrise. The pool even though we did not use it was looking very clean and heated. There were plenty of People enjoying it so I will give it a thumbs up. Nice Place, will come back again.

Room Tip: I would choose a mountain view room since the humidity from the indoor pool might be a bit much for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our little mountain town and that you choose our hotel as your home away from home. When your travels take you to the mountains again, we’d be honored to have you stay with us..
Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is horrible. It is smelly and old and I did not feel safe the entire stay. We were actually booked for 2 nights and found a different hotel for the second night because we could not bare to stay another night. I would avoid this hotel at all costs. The front desk staff was not very friendly either.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
5 Thank Karisa B
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at The Glenstone Lodge. We sincerely apologize that your family getaway was anything less than extraordinary. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service, and we will properly address each of your concerns so that we can continue to improve. We hope that one day we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Glenstone Lodge......

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I did not know what to expect with this hotel. I purchased our stay from Groupon as I made our summer vacation plans (after inquiring from Facebook "friends" too about this city). This was the ONLY reason we went to Gatlinburg (our 1st time) b/c of the groupon deal.

The hotel has a great location that is walking distance to their strip.

We enjoyed the morning breakfast (good food & well priced) and ate there 2 of our 3 mornings.

The hotel was somewhat "deceiving" once you got to your room. It was set up more like a motel than hotel.

We were in an inside (indoor pool view),3rd floor room. It was VERY humid at that level. The ice machines did not work on any level.

The room was clean with a mini fridge and flat screen tv but otherwise outdated in layout.

Our toilet clogged the first night and I was shocked that there was not a repairman on-site and they we had to wait until the morning. I asked for a plunger & was told they didn't have one. Either the 2nd or 3rd night our air conditioning broke. Thankfully, the repair guy had not left (but was at the end if his shift) to replace the unit.

We learned that we were on the better/newer side of updates and others didn't have some if the things we did.

Upon leaving Monday morn I overheard mgmt/corp people talking about renovations to the lobby and what should be worked on.

I think the lobby could wait and they need to fix/update things to better customer experience first.

I heard many people at the counter over the days complaining about not having a fridge, pool issues, etc.

The individuals I came in contact with (English speaking ones - there are a number working there that are not. No greeting and barely any eye contact given to me though I tried) were welcoming. They were helpful with directions, guidance and welcoming. I messed up directions one day And made a joke of it later and that was how they remembered me when I returned for more suggestions.

For the price point, and knowing what I was getting on to, it's fine. I was not expecting a high-end chain and got what I paid for. We were barely in the room anyways.

Stayed June 2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel was one of the worst hotels that we have ever stayed at. The only good thing was the pool. The sheets and bed were extremely uncomfortable, the bathroom was tiny, our room was not very clean at all. The only " on site" restaurant was a breakfast buffet. The hotel was somewhat within walking distance of the main drag, but not if you have small children, and we didn't once see the trolley on that road. Probably the worst part about our stay was where our room was located, we were on the 3rd floor and we had a sliding glass door that would not open and led into some sort of hall wall that was extremely noisy, and approximately every 15-20 mins there would be a loud banging sound all throughout the night. We were not able to sleep. When we told the front desk they apologized and said it was just some condenser fan or something and pretty much acted like we should juut deal with it. If I need a peaceful night sleep in Gatlinburg this place will be the last place on my mind.

1 Thank Ssmith10
Lockport, New York
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Check in was easy, room was clean and everything worked, staff was friendly, and the waterfall pool with hot tub was nice after a long day of hiking.... we did eat breakfast there in the morning which was a good meal and priced well. Not too far off the main drag. Cannot hear the commotion at all. Parking was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! Your feedback is important to me and my team and we hope to have you stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future! Regards, Andy
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed October 22, 2013

First let me say, I tried to research many hotels before our vacation. I found many mixed reviews on many different hotels. Several people would say very good and several would say very poor. It was hard to decide which to believe, so I just decided to go with this hotel and pray for the best. We also got a good "bundle" deal with the hotel stay and Ripley's Aquarium tickets and other Ripley's attractions. The hotel is very nice from the lobby and the pool/putt-putt golf area. The open atrium with glass elevator in the lobby is very nice. The front office staff was super nice and very accommodating. Upon check-in, they let us run to the pool and play for few minutes before they closed it down for the night. Our room was on the back side of the hotel--which was nice and quiet--but it I believe it was the older, dated part of the hotel. My first concern upon entering the room was the cleanliness of the room. I looked over the bathroom, towels, sheets, mattress, pillows, etc... and I was pleased. The decor was little dated, but the room was clean--my main concern! If you are unsure about staying here, I would say go for it and at least give it a try. You can always stay someplace different on a future trip if its not up to your standards. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Glenstone Lodge. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be of service to you again the next time you are planning to visit Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Thank you and have a great day!