“Nice lobby and pool.”

Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Kingsport,TN
“Nice lobby and pool.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is nice and pool is nice but the rooms are a little dated. We have stayed here twice and this time was better because we had an inside room and it was cold outside. Last time, we were outside and it was really cold outside going to the indoor pool. Would probably stay again.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sandjmonroe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
knoxville TN
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Glenstone Lodge Apr 18-Apr 21st. I had an extremely good experience. I booked a Pool View Room with 2 Queensize Beds. Even though the decor of the room was a bit dated, they have upgraded it with a Panasonic Flat Screen TV, and I found the matresses to be very firm and comfortable. Also the water pressure in the shower was good and this is very important to me! The Pool/Spa area is a work of art on 2 different levels. The 9 ft pool has an Infinity Wall of water cascading luxuriously into the 3 ft Wading Pool below. In addition, there is a Hot Tub tucked into another corner of the Wading Pool. The landscaping around the Decking is exquisite, and as far as I can tell, the plants are real! The best thing about the pool , however is the hours of operation: It's open from 10AM-11PM 7 days a week.

I also had the Breakfast at the Patio Restaurant (Open 7AM-11AM, Breakfast only) It was really good! Wait Staff very attentive. Customized Omellettes available, as well as a plethora of wonderful Breakfast items! At 8.95 pp, it beats the comparable Buffet at the Park Vista, up the hill by 5.00! Decidedly one of the best bargains for Breakfast in Gatlinburg!

I found all Staff to be very friendly and accomodating! Also, this Hotel is within 1/4 mi (app) to all the hubub of Shops and restaurants on the Parkway. Also the Trolley comes by on a regular basis, and it can transport you to all major attractions, such as the Aquarium! I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants great value, and good service! I shopped on line and got a deal of basically 81.00 (plus tax) When you want exquisite Mountain Getaway in a Resort like atmosphere, yo can do no better than Glenstone Lodge!

Room Tip: I prefer the Poolside rooms, but it can get a bit noisy at nite with all the kids playing in it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul R
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Glenstone Lodge is the perfect location for those who want proximity to the serene Smokey mtn. park as well as the hubbub of Gatlinburg proper. The Roaring Fork scenic loop is practically next door & the National park entrance is a short distance away. Downtown Gatlinburg is an easy walk down a couple of blocks. Our room faced the road but was quiet. The hotel seems to be well maintained: I think it's been around for many years. Two negatives: the pool area doesn't have a chair mechanism for those who need assistance. I thought that was a federal law that went into force a year ago. The hot tub is very difficult to maneuver with a very long step down in. Weak knees will find it tough/dangerous. The other, a disturbing issue for me, was that the housekeepers walked in the room unannounced, without knocking even with the Privacy Please sign on the door. Thank goodness I was 'decent'!!!!! All in all, the Glenstone is a modest hotel I'd consider again.

• Stayed April 2013
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I know this hotel has receivied many negative reviews, I just don't understand! We booked this though "Living Social", $159.00 + tax for four nighths. At that rate it is a sure enough bargain! The entrance is very nice, the lobby interesting, the room is a standard hotel room but very clean, the beds are comfortable and a nice LED TV with 94 channels. The location is great! Just two blocks to the main drag and less than that to the Roaring Fork Nature Trail (one of the prettiest drives in the Smokies!) The indoor pool was fun and the hot tub eased sore muscles after a day of hiking. My wife and I thought the breakfast buffet was excellent! The cook whipped up a great western omlet and there was crispy bacon, tasty link sausage and sausage patties that looked good, grits, gravy, biscuits, canalope, strawberrys, pineapple and other fruits, cereals of all kinds. The cook offered pancakes and waffles but I had already gorged myself and had to pass. For $8.95, a bargain. All the staff have been friendly and helpful. Not a four star hotel but if you don't have fun here it's your own fault!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bob A
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our third stay at the Glenstone and first time with our kids. We all had a great time. The kids loved the indoor swimming pool. It is great that there is a shallow pool perfect for younger children and a seperate deeper pool for the older children/adults. The rooms were clean and the location is walking distance to the main strip in Gatlinburg. I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank d_parson
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Glenstone Lodge and for taking the time to write a very nice review on TripAdvisor. Our staff knows that travelers have many hotels from which to choose, and we are grateful that you chose to stay with us. We hope you will return to visit us again when your travels...
Taylorsville, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This was probably a great place in 1980. It does capture the "kitch" of old gatlinburg...you know, the mountain trip you took as a kid in the station wagon and got a souvenir bear and some moccasins or a drum. We booked on priceline as a 3 star, and its not. Lobby is pretty cool but dated. The indoor pool area is pretty awesome and would make this a good place to stay with kids. Our room was accessed from an outdoor walkway like most old motels. The room was clean but very dated. Everything is old except the tv which was a very nice 32" flat screen. No wifi (at least no signal in our room) and no instructions or even a welcome brochure explaining the property, restaurant, etc. The restaurant has a $9 breakfast buffet which we did not experience. The location is good, close to the Main Street but set far enough back to be quiet, and right next to a beautiful creek which we could hear through our 1970s styled door vent! (I thought this was cool but my wife did not). It was cold when we visited but the outdoor pool and pool area look very nice. All in all a nice place in bad need of a refresh.

• Stayed April 2013
Andy H, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Glenstone Lodge. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service, and it pains us to read about your experiences. However, please know that your remarks will be properly addressed so that we can continue to improve. We hope that one day we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Glenstone Lodge.
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our church had a marriage retreat at the Glenstone Lodge with approximately 50 couples. The rooms were nice for the price. The catered meal was good but not worth $57 per couple. The facility was clean.
We did have a couple that needed to cancel last minute due to sickness. We were promised a full refund for both nights. After 2 months and many phone calls, we received only partial refund.
This definitely will be remembered when planning future retreats in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple