Glenstone Lodge
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
$132
$128
  • Pool
$99
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$194
$159
$149
$129
Hampton.com
$119
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$139
$116
$972
TripAdvisor
1,057 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetoutdoor poolglass elevatorthrough grouponan older hotelthe main stripdowntown areatrolley stopflat screen tvnational parkpavilionattractionstnsmokiesfireplacecreekstream
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had never been to TN and I booked my trip through Groupon. The kids and I were worried when we went through the area before downtown Gatlinburg. "What kind of place are we going to?" we all thought. The kids jumped for joy when we say the downtown area with their quaint way of numbering the traffic lights, the trolly's, and all the activities. The hotel welcomed us with a wonderful $9.00 breakfast. (The sausages were the best.) We were allowed to check in early and the beds were very comfortable as we laid down for a nap after our long trip up from Miami, FL. We were able to walk or take the trolly to everything in the downtown area. On our second night there, a pudgy brown bear came strolling through the parking lot, digging thru the garbage. Note: it is illegal to feed the cute bear cookies from your balcony as he sits there looking longingly up at you. Remember that because then the "cookie lady" will not feel comfortable strolling thru the park along the creek that is located behind the hotel.
As for the hotel being 50 years old, I was amazed to know that. The hotel was clean and the staff was very kind and helpful, especially when I called them when I was lost. The only thing I think needs improvement is the availability of refrigerators in the rooms. In this day and age having to reserve a refrigerator in your room is silly. Go get refrigerators and safes for all the rooms, it doesn't cost that much and the customers will appreciate it.

Room Tip: Remember to have an outside room and reserve a refrigerator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of the Glenstone Lodge. We are very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed Gatlinburg. We are glad you had a restful nap and that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast buffet (yes the sausages are good, and so are the awesome omelets). We are glad you were able to get a glimpse of the local wildlife, please remember they are "wild". We offer fridges in about half of our rooms, and may be available at check-in in the other half. We are working towards getting more. We are, by the way, only 37 years young (not quite 50 yet). Thank you for your review. Please call us the next time you are visiting Gatlinburg.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and had no issues whatsoever. I stayed here as a kid (35 years ago!) and remembered the indoor pool fondly. It didn't seem very heated to me, but the hot tub was great. Our room was clean, the staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet can't be beat. The tv reception was iffy at times, but nothing we couldn't handle. I was worried after reading some of the negative reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. We are already planning to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here three nights in October 2012. I bought a Groupon deal at half price, so I thought I had got a bargain! This was the most miserable three nights of our stay, from the rock hard beds, to the paper thin walls, to the elevator breaking down twice during our stay(my husband had a knee replacement), to the very outdated room, a small refrigerator, but no microwave... what sense does that make??... We wish we had spent the extra $20 per night and continued our stay down the road....at least they offered free breakfast!! This place wanted almost $10 each for our family of four and there weren't even that many choices! The only good thing i can say is that we did see a bear in the parking lot on the night before we checked out, that was the highlight of our stay st this motel.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at this lodge this past weekend. We had found this deal on travelzoo for a king bed, mountain side room. We checked in and went up to our room and to our suprise the room had double beds and a view to a hallway. We went back down to let the front desk lady know that we paid for a mountain side view and that was not what they gave us. The front desk lady gave us an attitude and said that was all they had available and there was nothing else she could do. I asked to speak with a manager and the manager never came out, all she said was that they can not control what third party agencies do.
We asked them to compromise with us and give us a credit for the difference of a mountain view versus a hallway and they were not willing to work with us, they didn't even offer complementary breakfast.
Never again will I stay at this lodge, the rooms are not updated, the wallpaper is starting to peel, bathrooms are not updated they have that blue old ugly tile and the water does not drain properly in the tub and there was not hair dryer in the room. Other than that Gatlinburg is a beautifull place to visit, especially at this time of year.

1  Thank Dar B
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is the real deal at $50.00 dollars a night. Wonderful location close to the main part of town. Breakfast buffet at $8.95 is one of the best deals in town. True it's over 50 years old, but is being maintained very well for the price.

Room Tip: Room next to the stream are the best choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple