“Loved the pool and the staff was very friendly!”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Bulls Gap, Tennessee
“Loved the pool and the staff was very friendly!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Bought two nights on groupon and had no trouble booking the nights we wanted. When we checked in, we asked to get a room by the pool and the person at the desk switched rooms for us with no problem. Good location to downtown. Absolutely loved the pool and the hot tub. Room was a basic room. Nothing special, but also nothing wrong with the room. Brealkfast at the restaurant was convenient and very good. Stayed here with my husband and 14 year old son. Would stay again.

1 Thank smperkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Fredonia, Kentucky
Reviewed October 13, 2012

just came back from stay at glenstone lodge, it was wonderful, cannot wait to go go back in the spring. breakfast buffet was well worth the low price and the pool stayed open late which was nice for shopping downtown at night and hopping in hot tub to relax.

Room Tip: good view from top floor
1 Thank Nancy C
Lonedell, Missouri
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were in Gatlinburg because we got a discounted rate for one night stay. It was an old building. It was fairly well maintained, but the ice machine wasn't working and we had to go quite a distance on a different floor to get ice. Staff didn't seem that it was much of an inconvenience for their guests. It was a long walk to our room because there was only a front and side entrance and our room was in the back. The best thing about it was that it was right in the heart of town and by the conference center. The staff was very nice at the check in desk. The room and beds were clean.

Room Tip: You may want to bring ear plugs and your own pillows, if you have a preference. There were children...
2 Thank dmarrocco53
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Where should I begin? First of all we didn't get the room we requested. We finally got into the room which was musty smelling and small. The beds were uncomfortable and the tv had no reception and after three trips to the front desk, they sent a maintenance man who told us that we were on the third floor and the cable had been spliced between six rooms so there was nothing he could do. The bathroom was so small, it was difficult for one of us to manage getting dressed much less four people. The room decor was dated and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. The only plus was the pool area which was great for kids.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank TRSHAW

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Rockwell, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience we've ever had. We took up a Groupon offer on this property - and then forgot to check the reviews on them. I called them 5-6 weeks in advance and requested a king room. I also took another offer and extended the stay there for 6 nights. I called again and confirmed the king room and they suggested the one with the balcony over the mountain view room. Everything was on go. Or so we thought. When we got there, they tried to place us in a room with 2 queen beds. When I objected that this was not what they had promised us earlier, the clerk behind the desk became rather surly. They had no king beds. I don't set the rooms. Take it or leave it. She did offer to call other hotels in the area to see if there were any king rooms available. But you could tell she said it with an attitude of don't bother me. Interestingly, after fussing for a bit, she did "find" a king room - handicap accessible and smoking. We do not smoke. We agreed to the room. Big mistake. The room was very small. Wallpaper peeling. Stinking room. And the spray they sprayed in the room gave both of us headaches. The hotel was very noisy. The walls were paper thin. There was no web access in this room - and what they had in the lobby was a satellite connection that was as slow as dial-up. The bed was so bad, I was tempted to sleep on the floor. We were so disgusted that we checked out the next morning - AFTER getting our Groupon coupons back. The manager did apologize, but the damage had already been done. Unless you want surly clerks, noise, a room that needs renovating, and listen in to conversations in the next room, please don't waste your time staying there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank H Warren C
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We found this hotel on Groupon. We were initially nervous wondering what it would be like for the deal we got. We were pleasantly surprised! Yes, it is an older hotel, but the rooms were clean. The staff were always very pleasant and friendly. It is within walking distance of restaurants and the Gatlinburg strip. Our kids loved the pool! We loved that it has a more shallow depth for little ones, and a hot tub.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, preferring to walk to a local pancake house.
I'm not sure I would pay more than a hundred for this hotel, but it's worth it for less.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank BethieR1978
Fayetteville, West Virginia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in early July. We had an excellent time, although Gattlinburg isn't QUITE our style. (a bit too commercial.) We had NO problems with the Glenstone Lodge! The receptionist was warm and friendly. I work in the travel industry, so I certainly know accommodating.. she definitely was. Our room was clean and comfortable. It certainly wasn't luxurious, but that's not what we paid for. The pools were great and we enjoyed the breakfast a great deal. Everything looked up to date, and the lobby is lovely. Housekeeping stopped by on our second day, and again, I found only warm and friendly service. Southern hospitality at it's finest.

The only problem I did have was with the reservation office. I requested a mountain view room at my time of booking--we ended up with poolside. I expected it to be very noisy, but it actually wasn't too bad. The reservations office also called me numerous times because they kept messing up my reservation. I was at work every occasion that they attempted to contact me, thus I received messages asking for a return call. TWICE when I did so, I was told that no one there knew how to help, and to call back tomorrow. VERY unprofessional... Not once was I asked to be placed on hold either. Once she just did it whilst I was talking to her without any warning, and the second time she didn't put me on hold.. just asked the girls around her while I listened to everything they said. However, this was just a minor hiccup in our plans.

Perks, In close walking distance of the main attractions and a great place to settle in for the night. When your on vacation you don't really need the finest place to sleep, do you? ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple