“It was average even with a discount.”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Lonedell, Missouri
“It was average even with a discount.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were in Gatlinburg because we got a discounted rate for one night stay. It was an old building. It was fairly well maintained, but the ice machine wasn't working and we had to go quite a distance on a different floor to get ice. Staff didn't seem that it was much of an inconvenience for their guests. It was a long walk to our room because there was only a front and side entrance and our room was in the back. The best thing about it was that it was right in the heart of town and by the conference center. The staff was very nice at the check in desk. The room and beds were clean.

Room Tip: You may want to bring ear plugs and your own pillows, if you have a preference. There were children...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dmarrocco53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Where should I begin? First of all we didn't get the room we requested. We finally got into the room which was musty smelling and small. The beds were uncomfortable and the tv had no reception and after three trips to the front desk, they sent a maintenance man who told us that we were on the third floor and the cable had been spliced between six rooms so there was nothing he could do. The bathroom was so small, it was difficult for one of us to manage getting dressed much less four people. The room decor was dated and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. The only plus was the pool area which was great for kids.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank TRSHAW

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Rockwell, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience we've ever had. We took up a Groupon offer on this property - and then forgot to check the reviews on them. I called them 5-6 weeks in advance and requested a king room. I also took another offer and extended the stay there for 6 nights. I called again and confirmed the king room and they suggested the one with the balcony over the mountain view room. Everything was on go. Or so we thought. When we got there, they tried to place us in a room with 2 queen beds. When I objected that this was not what they had promised us earlier, the clerk behind the desk became rather surly. They had no king beds. I don't set the rooms. Take it or leave it. She did offer to call other hotels in the area to see if there were any king rooms available. But you could tell she said it with an attitude of don't bother me. Interestingly, after fussing for a bit, she did "find" a king room - handicap accessible and smoking. We do not smoke. We agreed to the room. Big mistake. The room was very small. Wallpaper peeling. Stinking room. And the spray they sprayed in the room gave both of us headaches. The hotel was very noisy. The walls were paper thin. There was no web access in this room - and what they had in the lobby was a satellite connection that was as slow as dial-up. The bed was so bad, I was tempted to sleep on the floor. We were so disgusted that we checked out the next morning - AFTER getting our Groupon coupons back. The manager did apologize, but the damage had already been done. Unless you want surly clerks, noise, a room that needs renovating, and listen in to conversations in the next room, please don't waste your time staying there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank H Warren C
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We found this hotel on Groupon. We were initially nervous wondering what it would be like for the deal we got. We were pleasantly surprised! Yes, it is an older hotel, but the rooms were clean. The staff were always very pleasant and friendly. It is within walking distance of restaurants and the Gatlinburg strip. Our kids loved the pool! We loved that it has a more shallow depth for little ones, and a hot tub.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, preferring to walk to a local pancake house.
I'm not sure I would pay more than a hundred for this hotel, but it's worth it for less.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank BethieR1978
Fayetteville, West Virginia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in early July. We had an excellent time, although Gattlinburg isn't QUITE our style. (a bit too commercial.) We had NO problems with the Glenstone Lodge! The receptionist was warm and friendly. I work in the travel industry, so I certainly know accommodating.. she definitely was. Our room was clean and comfortable. It certainly wasn't luxurious, but that's not what we paid for. The pools were great and we enjoyed the breakfast a great deal. Everything looked up to date, and the lobby is lovely. Housekeeping stopped by on our second day, and again, I found only warm and friendly service. Southern hospitality at it's finest.

The only problem I did have was with the reservation office. I requested a mountain view room at my time of booking--we ended up with poolside. I expected it to be very noisy, but it actually wasn't too bad. The reservations office also called me numerous times because they kept messing up my reservation. I was at work every occasion that they attempted to contact me, thus I received messages asking for a return call. TWICE when I did so, I was told that no one there knew how to help, and to call back tomorrow. VERY unprofessional... Not once was I asked to be placed on hold either. Once she just did it whilst I was talking to her without any warning, and the second time she didn't put me on hold.. just asked the girls around her while I listened to everything they said. However, this was just a minor hiccup in our plans.

Perks, In close walking distance of the main attractions and a great place to settle in for the night. When your on vacation you don't really need the finest place to sleep, do you? ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsCook_12
Kingsport, TN
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I booked my room for 9/27 & 9/28. They had a special 72-hour sale online that cut the rate to less than half (under $50) of normal price. At the price I paid, I'm satisfied. Otherwise, I'd be upset. My room (240) was advertised as a "mountain view" room. It was in the old and extremely outdated part of the hotel. Upon entering the room, it smelled so bad and was very hot. After turning on AC and leaving for a couple of hours, the smell was gone and never returned. This part of the hotel wasn't very inviting and the hallway was gross and smelled terrible. The lobby area was nice, and the pool area was great. Breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable. If you decide to stay here, DO NOT book "mountain view" rooms and you'll be pleased.

• Stayed September 2012
8 Thank ChrisKingsport_TN
Cherryville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We desided to go to the mountains for Labor Day weekend and just get away. I have heard such great things about this hotel and loved the pictures online. We had 2 10 year olds with us and thought this was going to be awesome. Lets go step by step. First when we got there the room had stains on the floor. Then when we woke desided to eat there in the hotel. Food was great and the cook and staff in the dinning area was great. My 2 girls needed to use the restroom and went to ask the front desk where it was. Problem 2 : the staff treated my girls rudely. We passed that off then went down town for a while. When we returned Hours later and entered the room we noticed that only HALF of our room was cleaned. 1 bed and towels. I went down stairs to see what happened and I was informed that if there are any personal Items on the bed they maids will not touch the bed. Good Idea if they hadnt took the personals items off one bed and put them on the other. Foors where not vacumed and nothing was wiped down. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed that she would be back the next morning. Went down the next morning and was told that she would not be in until the next morning. I was checking out the next morning and was told that she was again not there. I understand that things come up but that was crazy. Dont lie to your customers and dont employee rude people who did not look profesonal at all. oh and dont forget the bed had a sink hole in the middle. We rolled into each other the whole night. Good thing we love each other.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family