“2 Pools, Hot tub, wonderful staff and a perfect walk to town”
Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
asheville, nc
“2 Pools, Hot tub, wonderful staff and a perfect walk to town”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I read the reviews of this hotel being dated and having a musty smell before confirming my stay. I'm so glad I didn't let those poor reviews detour me. I never smelled anything musty. I found the decor charming and perfect for a mountain stay. I loved my room. It was a king, non-smoking room with personal balcony. Very nice staff, I will truly hope to stay here every time I come to Gatlinburg, TN! It's a downhill walk to the center of town where you'll find live bluegrass, moonshine tasting, wine tasting and even local jerky tasting. All for free. Perfect getaway!!!

3 Thank bellecares

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the first time at this hotel. It was our first wedding anniversary. It was the best location for walking into Gatlinburg and still be away from the traffic. Upon arrival I was worried because I had read some negative reviews. Not sure what room they stayed in but ours was a good one for sure. The staff at check in was really nice. The lobby was large, clean, and we felt welcome. We stayed in a room by the outside pool/pavilion. The room was very clean and did not have a smell. Nice flat screen tv. The pool was clean. We liked the waterfall. They supply towels at the pool. We did not try the breakfast buffet, but the chef that was serving was a nice touch I thought. We will be staying at Glenstone Lodge the next time we visit Gatlinburg. Thanks to the staff for a great stay!

Room Tip: I would think rooms on the inside by the pool would be stuffy and loud from children in the pool. W...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your reveiw. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will call us when planning your next visit to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Addison, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Wow. You get what you pay for. We had a company retreat for about 15 people. The rate should have warned us off. As you enter the lobby from the outside you are immediately hit by a musty smell, When you enter your guest room and/or a conference room, you are immediately hit by a horrible mold smell. One of our teammate had a horrific asthma attack due to the mold. If it had not been a company meeting, I would have left once I saw my room. But, I decided to be a team player and suck it up. The rooms are extremely outdated and worn. They seemed "clean" but need attention/repair. The AC is old school, a unit near the window. I was horrified to touch the buttons, as they appeared very dirty. I did not unpack my suitcase. I did not want to touch anything. On a brighter note, the front desk folds were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. However, the restaurant is not opened for dinner (and no bar !!!!!). I will definitely do my homework next time around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lesley L
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We were very concerned when we received this review and would like to address the issues involved.

We were unable to identify the specific room number as we only had a first name to go by. The room that was occupied by a guest with that first name was one of our front balcony rooms. We could not find any offensive odors and our inspection of the room found it to be quite nice.

We were also unable to detect odors of mildew or mold either in the guest room checked or in our five story lobby.

In addition, we have not received information from any guest concerning an asthmatic reaction while at the hotel.

We would appreciate if the guest involved would advise us of the specific room number as we would like to take corrective action wherever necessary. Please respond to me at ursulah@glenstonelodge.com.

Sincerely yours,

Ursula House,

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Huntsville, AL
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at Glenstone this past weekend for our 5th Anniversary. Yhe hotel was everything we had hoped it would be. The staff was wonderful. The room was clean with plenty of pillows and towels. He had a mini-fridge in our room , which we hadn't expected. We had a view of the mountains as well as the stream.The lodge is close enough to walk to the attractions and dining. The pool and hot tub were wonderfully relaxing after a long day of walking. We are hoping to return in the winter and we will be staying at Glenstone!

Room Tip: Outside rooms are quiter and have a better view. If you want to be sure to get a king room, book thr...
1 Thank Teresa J
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments about Glenstone Lodge. We wish you a belated happy anniversary. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Glenstone Lodge and that your room accommodated all of your needs. The pool is a big hit with our guests - we hear it all the time. We look forward to seeing you for a mid winter getaway and that you come back and stay with often in the future. Thank you again.
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot and have been to the Gatlinburg Area more times than I can remember. One thing that should be noted is there is no luxury hotels in the area- No Ritz Carlton, etc.. just a lot of older clean hotels. We arrived at Glenstone and were greeted by a friendly lady at the front desk, now we are very friendly too and I think sometimes peoples reactions are based on how you act toward them. Checking was smooth, fast, and professional. Room we received was 502 King room. Very clean and absolutely no issues with anything including air conditioning, etc.. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. free parking is a plus and the tourist area is just a short walk away, but be prepared the way back is a little uphill. Indoor pool was very nice and we went swimming the first night at 8p and waterfall was fully running the entire time. Pool was clean and so was the entire hotel. Breakfast buffet looked good, but we did not try it. It is an additional price 8.95 per person which is stated clearly all around and on their literature. Just read everything and educate yourself before you arrive and you will not have a problem with this hotel. Search the net for fantastic prices here. We booked for less than 50 a night and the place was a steal at that price. I posted a few pictures as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with realistic expectations of the area. Only negative is wifi coverage but they don't advertise full service, but it would be a bonus! Your on vacation have fun and don't fret the tiny things.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mws813
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here as a teenager and loved it, I booked a room online at bookit.com for my 10 yr wedding anniversary this past weekend. I read the reviews and must admitt got a little scared, when we arrived it was just as I remembered wonderful! We had a fabulous time and for the money it was well worth it, clean and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Leannmichelleselby
We appreciate your review of Glenstone Lodge. We are happy to hear that you stayed here as a teenager and have returned for your 10th wedding anniversary and that the Glenstone was "just as wonderful" as you remembered. Thank you for your comments that you found the hotel to be clean and friendly and that you had a "faboulous time". We appreciate you and hope that you will visit us again on or before your next anniversary. Happy Anniversary! Thank you again.