“Roy Wagner, USS Albany Association Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glenstone Lodge

Glenstone Lodge
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Roy Wagner, USS Albany Association Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a group of 250 or less. The hotel service was great and they did everything to make it more comfortable and have an enjoyable reunion to be remembered. It was neat, clean and free great buffet breakfast. Hope to have anoher in a couple years.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roy W
GlenstoneGM, General Manager at Glenstone Lodge, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you and we so enjoyed having you all with us. Come and see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

When I booked this hotel I asked if it came with a free breakfast, and was told that it did. I also confirmed this when I checked in. The next morning when I went down to have breakfast, low and behold, no free breakfast. I talked to several other customers and they said they were also told that they were to receive a free breakfast. I talked to the manager and her comment was that nothing is guaranteed. I checked out and went to the hotel next door (Garden Plaza Hotel), $30 cheaper and they had a great free buffet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ralph W

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Jax, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Our room was moldy and dirty. The place would have been nice for the price if not for this. We brought the pictures of mold, dust, and overall lack of cleanliness to the front desk clerks attention. I truly hope they clean this place up. If you have allergies or asthma this could be a hotel to make you very sick!!!

• Stayed August 2011
6 Thank theskittler
Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here as it was the "official" hotel of the event I was attending. The entire hotel was a little tired and worn around the edges. I found it to be priced a little high for what we got.

The room was fine and as in most moderately-priced properties, had an in-the-wall type air conditioner. I hate these things because they're noisy and keep it too cold or too hot and always seems to dry out the air in the rooms. There was a small balcony (we were on the 3rd floor, facing the main road) and the a/c unit blew its hot air, making it too noisy and hot to enjoy.

There was a room safe, which was good as I always like to lock up my laptop when I'm out of the room. The bathroom was clean and serviceable enough. As in most hotels, the shower head was too high for me (I'm 5'1") and so there's virtually no pressure by the time the water reaches my head when the pressure is poor to begin with. It was unadjustable in both height and type of streams.

I took my elementary-aged son with me to the meeting, knowing we'd have free time to enjoy some of the activities of Gatlinburg. He first wanted to use the pools, and so he swam in the indoor and outdoor pools. There are signs at both pools that guests are to use the pool towels provided, but the receptacles at both pools were empty, so I had to trek up to the room to get him a towel. I mentioned it at the desk, and they said they'd take care of it, but I never saw poolside towels during my stay.
The inside pool was a bit dicey-looking to me, and it appeared there had been a slide at one point, but had been "stoned" in. It was really shabby-looking. There was also a one-hole "putt putt" surface which my son wanted to use, and I had to exchange my key card for a putter! You can't swing a cat in G'burg without hitting a putt putt course, so I don't know what they were thinking with this lame attempt AND close clutch on their cheap putters.

The outside pool appeared better-kept, although the pool furniture was broken and moldy. Yuck!

Breakfast was included in the room rate, and it was fine - basic breakfast stuff. The coffee at the buffet and in the room was awful, and there was no place near by to find some good coffee.

The hotel is within walking distance of the main drag attractions, although it was VERY hot when we were there and most attractions were too far to walk to in that heat. The hotel is non-smoking, but every time I entered or left, no matter which door I used, there seemed to be a crowd of smokers hanging out.

I can't remember the rate I paid, since it was negotiated by the conference, but it seemed high to me for the quality of the property. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

This hotel/motel is really conveniently located in Gatlinburg, TN. It is about 2 or 3 blocks up a hill from the main street in Gatlinburg, and it is an easy walk.

The room was adequate, but showed some age. There were stains on the carpets, and the bathroom floor had not been thoroughly cleaned. There was also a musty smell in the room, and there was water damage on the headboard of the bed. Mattresses were quite firm.

The overall quality of hotels in Gatlinburg is much lower than other places we have traveled, and this hotel is just about average for the area, or maybe slightly better.

Maintenance was not attentive. I went to the front desk for a light bulb and they said they'd send a maintenance worker with one. An hour later the bulb had not arrived. At that point we realized that both the TV and lamp had been unplugged, so I called to cancel the order for a light bulb. They didn't seem bothered that a light bulb hadn't arrived after an hour.

There are 2 pool areas, one that is indoor, and one that is outdoor. The indoor pool looked very cloudy, and we decided not to use it. The outdoor pool looked cleaner.

Also, there are different room configurations. Our room had a very small bathroom and a pull out sofa in the room. Our friends' room had a larger bathroom area with a separate vanity/sink, and they had a mini-fridge and our room did not, but they did not have a sofa. It is a good idea to consider which room will fit your family better, and make a request.

Overall, we would not choose to stay here again. We were traveling with friends who picked the hotel, and it was fine, but in the future I think we will stick with renting a cabin.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Clean. nice indoor pool. Good meeting room. Friendly staff. Beds were not great. Loud AC units. Third of a mile from main Gatlinburg strip.

• Stayed July 2011
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

Comfortable rooms, great pool, delicious breakfast. Staff was accomindating, we even left jewerly behind which was mailed back to us and was waiting for us when we returned home. We enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vistorsara
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.