“We WILL be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Uncle Bud's Log Cabins
Reviewed September 29, 2012

As attested by the many DELIGHTED entries in the guest journal, (filled out by each guest voluntarily like a school year book, before they leave), Uncle Bud's cabins are absolutely wonderful. The family and I stayed at Bear Creek and being able to kick off your shoes, make a drink, and go stand in the stream at the foot of the cabin while birdsong surrounds you, is sublime. The cabin is charmingly appointed and comfortable with all of the touches of a well to do home, the property is a delight to explore, and the location is top notch. A short car trip to nearby Gatlinburg offers PLENTY to do on vacation; Ripley's Aquarium, The Titanic Museum, Wonder Works, and countless other attractions as well as great restaurants, are just moments away. It's not SO close though that tourists intrude on the peaceful overall atmosphere of your cabin home. I have never stayed in a place that caused ZERO complaints until this cabin, and we are definitely going to return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah M

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I rented Bear Creek and it was absolutely beautiful! Everything you need is already there from dishes to a washer and dryer. The decor was beautiful ,the beds were softest I have ever slept on ,and it is only a short drive from Gatlinburg.We would highly recommend UNCLE BUD'S . We were already planning another trip before we left .We wont ever rent any where else. Oh and l should mention the hot tub and jacuzzi !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Latonya P
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Location was great! Will definitely be back and may check out one of the other cabins next time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Overall, we did enjoy our stay. Very comfy.. However, the main floor bedroom is very tight and has no where to put your cloths or suitcase for that matter. There is a cabinet but, the room is so tight you can't open it. The bed is to big for such a small room. The path to the cabin looks cute, but forget trying to roll a suitcase up stepping stones on pebbles. The dish plate settings on the table were a real pain in the butt. You have to move them all and put them all back when you leave. (and they had stuck egg on a few and the silverware was dirty on the table.) The ash tray that sits outside hadn't been washed in years. But overall it was pretty clean. Except for the table settings and a few cob webs. Your kind of close to the road and there is a lot of traffic up and down. The creek out front is very nice.... But next time I think I will check out Uncle Bud's other cabin's.......

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I wish I had known about this place "Quiet Times" a long time ago. Uncle Bud really goes all out to provide a place that is clean, comfortable ( nice mattresses) and a great value. 5 minutes to Gatlinburg or the park. Awesome visit. Will be back and I haven't even left yet.

Mike Nowell
Olive Branch, MS

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 17, 2012

AFter searching and searching on the internet for just the right place to stay (marketing and having a great website is the key, owners), I decided on Bear Creek Cabin. Not knowing the area, I had to assume it was a great location. The cabin was well appointed and comfortable. The location was just ok. I really was hoping for a place where I could get out and walk, hike, etc. but we were on the main road (not seen in the pics) and there was no where to go. Literally, a wall of part of the mountain at back of house. I don't know that there are any better locations tho, and at least this was NOT in town...Yuck! Did not like Gatlinburg AT ALL.

The cabin was clean and comfortable. I thought the fact that they advertised Starbucks was comical when you realize there is only enough for about 1/2 pot of coffee for your whole stay.

We were there during the Super Bowl and I called ahead to ensure we would have good reception. Was assured we had HD, yada yada. Did not. Reception just ok. I would not have even cared about a TV on this vacation, but we did want to watch the SuperBowl. That was the only time we turned it on.

All in all I WOULD RECOMMEND Uncle Bud's Cabins. We liked Bear Creek a lot, guess I was just hoping for something more remote, but don't know if there are any places like that.
Great rate because we went during off season. We missed the colors of the Smoky's but missed the crowds as well!!

Negative:
We were expected to pretty much clean up after ourselves before the maid crew came in. Thought that was odd.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieSanAntono
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We spent our honeymoon in this cabin in May of 99. It has been through many upgrades since then and I must say it had never been more Cozy than with Uncle Bud's rentals. The beds are amazing and the sound of the creek outside is to die for. Definitly a must stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple