We stayed at White Oak for our first stay in Gatlinburg. White Oak is newly built (much of it is still under construction) and features top of the line amenities across the board. We stayed in a two bedroom cabin complete with 3 flat screen TVs, a hot tub, a jacuzzi tub, 2 screened porches, fire place, a pool table, cable and Wi-fi, a kitchen stocked with everything a family could need, including a crock pot! The craftsmanship of the cabins is excellent, inside and out. The pool is very nice as well and grills are available to use in close proximity. I enjoyed the location because it was about a 15 minute drive from downtown Gatlinburg, 20 minutes from the Great Smokey National Park, 25 minutes from Pigeon Forge. Far enough to be away from the hustle, but close enough to enjoy it. White Oak is NOT a hotel. There is no housekeeping. There are plenty of towels and also a stackable washer and dryer unit. Onsite management was available and we did need assitance once when we blew a fuse. A grocery store is nearby. Be sure to bring bug spray! We all got bitten up by some no-see-um bugs. It took us nearly half the week to figure out what they were. They bite particularly bad in the evening but bug spray is necessary when leaving the cabin. We enjoyed visiting the park most of all the attractions. Both Cades Cove and Clingman's Dome are worth the time spent and the drive. You might want to take precautions if you are apt to motion sickness on these drives. Also, we purchased some pamphlets about these sights at the park visitor center which gave us all the necessary info to plan our visits. The sky lift is also recommended. Great view! All in all, White Oak supplied us with the ideal accomodations for a relaxing family vacation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gatlinburg Cabins for Great Smoky Mountain Vacations.White Oak Lodge & Resort offers two-bedroom and three-bedroom fully furnished vacation log cabins. Each rustic vacation rental offers the staples of today’s modern lifestyles. Select three-bedrooms offer a whirlpool bath in the master suites, and most two-bedrooms have a loft game room with pool table. Kitchens feature stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Flat screen televisions with DVD players are in living rooms and bedrooms. A gas, stone fireplace lights with the flick of a switch. A screened-in back porch with hot tub and a front porch with two rocking chairs make this a comfortable Gatlinburg Vacation home.For family vacation fun, nothing beats the beautiful 17-acre White Oak Lodge & Resort. This log cabin resort is adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Complementing the natural playground is the lodge and resort itself. Most noteworthy is the amazing swimming pool. You’ll swim and play while looking at the amazing Smoky Mountains. Water cascades over two stone grottos. In the evening, roast marshmallows by the fire pit. Plus, you can barbecue on the grounds, play tennis or enjoy walks around the property on the paved trail. When you’re ready to explore Gatlinburg, Tennessee or Pigeon Forge, TN, these family vacation spots are just down the road a piece. You’ll find kid friendly attractions like Dollywood®, Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, Ripley's Haunted Adventure, Gatlinburg Space Needle and Family Fun Center and Ober Gatlinburg just to name a few. Plus, horseback riding, white water rafting, zip lining and hiking abound in this incredible vacation destination. Make your Gatlinburg Vacation plans to stay at the White Oak Lodge & Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your White Oak Lodge & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Oak Hotel Gatlinburg
- White Oak Lodge And Resort