“13 Miles from the Park”
Review of The Border Inn

The Border Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Baker
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We didn't look closely at their location when we reserved this room. We saw the Baker mailing address and wrongly assumed it was in Baker next to the park. If you don't mind the drive to the park it's a place to stay. Rooms were basic and not terribly clean. Blanket was torn as was the bed skirt and the carpet was dirty. No working wi-fi and the staff was indifferent to unhelpful.

There are newer reviews for The Border Inn

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The double burger was good and filling. I had lamb stew that was great with lots of meat. It came with a biscuit and house salad. Very filling. Stew did not have onions or pepper which I appreciated. Nothing fancy but if you are looking to fill up - this works.

1  Thank SueMC_56
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel was not very good. Our room, everything was broken! The bed had wooden boards poking out the bottom and the heater was broken. They did give us a new room when we asked for it, service was pretty good. They also had the only restaurant, which was decent. Definitely a little scary to stay here, but I guess I survived.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

this and the cafe at the park are the only good place to eat while in baker, and in the winter the only good place to eat.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We decided to drive from Denver all the way to Ely, Nevada in one day - I didn't expect anything to be at the border between Utah and Nevada on Route 50, but we were quite pleased to see it. The Border Inn has gasoline, a motel, camping, a restaurant and bar, as well as kitschy gifts. We ate a late dinner at the restaurant, which has beer and a fairly wide selection. I was severely disappointed by the fish and chips, but after all - what do you expect at the border between Nevada and Utah, eh? However - they did have a local lamb (sheep?) stew - my boyfriend had that and it was _highly_ recommended. Perhaps obvious, but go for the things that could probably be found locally. Don't get the fish and chips. Nevada is apparently well known for a large Basque sheepherder population, so anything with lamb is a good call. They also have a great selection of pies, although we didn't try them.

In the restaurant is also a great selection of used books for a dollar or two - I've come to value places that have those for long road trips.

1  Thank OutsideTravelin