“Great port in a storm”

Travelodge Deer Lodge Montana
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Deer Lodge
Reviewed October 9, 2012

too tired to go further on a great road trip. This place is struggling and is changing hands again. But safe and secure for a woman traveling alone. Quiet evening, warm & toasty room, clean enough for a one night stay and the front desk couldn't have been nicer. No problems with connecting to the net and dinner at the cafe down the way was just fine. Woke to snow but the desk folks again spoke up about the best way to proceed and how to drive till the roads dried out. Comforting and small town friendly. Would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: At this point, can't call ahead for reservations due to change of ownership. The rooms are stan...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The pricing was reasonable, and I was too tired to drive any further, so I was happy to find the hotel in Deer Lodge. It wasn't a five star hotel by any stretch, but it was clean and offered what you would expect. The beds weren't the greatest and the matress protector slid around too much, but I was tired enough that it didn't matter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 22, 2012

As stated this was a stop over and was a basic but clean and reasonable hotel the Lady at reception was most helpful and friendly ( originally from Glasgow my husbands home town) Breakfast was also good value.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

So I asked for a room with fridge/microwave, and was given a room without fridge/microwave. Fortunately they fixed that, but sent me to a room with cigarette smoke smell, from people opening the outside window and trying to stealthfully exhale outside, but it didn't work. I can tell. The room stinks.
The one counter girl didn't know how to get me logged into wifi; I finally figured it out on my own. You can tell the employees are not very happy here, with all the customers complaining about everything and they would like to help but often there's nothing they can do.

The fridge doesn't work properly, the dial is completely missing.
One of the light bulbs is burned out.
The air conditioner is very old and quite noisy.
The ultimate insult to a guy: the toilet lid will not stay up.

This is a pretty old hotel (I remember when it was a Days Inn in the early 1980's) and has changed ownership many times. Well it sort of shows.

I don't want to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Firstly, they have not changed the signage at this location to state Travelodge, it says Knights Inn or something to that affect and on some GPS destinations it says Super 8. Concerning the place changed hands so often. Check in went smoothly except for the person at the desk was typing so slow and it was so late I just wanted to get behind the counter and do it for him. We went to bed right away in room 111. The bedsheets are thin but clean, I had to check as I wasn't certain considering the place is so run down. Made it hard to sleep. At around 630 am we awoke to noises in the hallway, we thought it was rude that guests were being so loud but we tried to go back to sleep to no avail. Finally I had enough I got up and found that it wasn't the guests it was the hotel workers making so much noise, the maids room was directly across from our room, they were talking loudly to the point of one of them almost yelling. We got up after six hours sleep and decided to get out asap. When I commented on check out about how the staff needs an adjustment knowing where the guests are staying the young hotel clerk said oh thanks. Ridiculous. Overpriced. DON'T stop KEEP DRIVING through the night if you have to.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

So this hotel has seen better days, but with a discount I got the room for 50 bucks. I have paid more and got less. This is a one night stay hotel. Older hotel with squeaky floors but, my room appeared clean as I always inspect for cleanliness before I bring in luggage. Not sure if I would stay again in the off season (not around sturgis and vacation time) since other hotels may be cheaper, but I'm not mad at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed one night the linen was so worn out so much you could see through it, I've used better sheets for rags. The mattresses were worn out and torn, I The carpet was filthy, so happy to leave in the morning!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tootallsilver

Been to Travelodge Deer Lodge Montana? Share your experiences!