“Perfect pancakes”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Coming from Jackson Lake Lodge, I wanted to grab some breakfast before catching my flight out. I didn’t have time to drive to Jackson. So I was hoping to find something at the Dornan’s compound of shops and eateries in Moose. I lucked out. I spotted a sign saying Dornan’s Chuckwagon was now serving breakfast. Perfect. I ordered all-you-can-eat sourdough pancakes and sausage. The pancakes were awesome. You could actually taste the sourdough -- something that isn’t always so in sourdough stuff. Alas, I had neither the time nor the appetite to enjoy any refills. The waitress surprised me by saying the breakfast meal included coffee AND orange juice at no extra charge. So I had both. But I’m feeling a little guilty that maybe I misunderstood or that maybe she was wrong. Anyway, it was a great breakfast with a great view (though I didn’t fully enjoy it; it was windy and chilly, so I ate in the tent). Highly recommended. One note: Be sure to ask for a receipt if you need one; the Dornan folks seem to be a little reluctant to hand them out.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Good stew and short ribs. Basic but good hearty food. $16 for adults. Limited selection, if you don't like beef forget it. Gorgeous views from tables. Filler

1  Thank Bird-Fanatic
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had breakfast here. The staff was very friendly and service fast. The food was fair. The eggs and sausage greasy. Do not try the biscuits and gravy. Floury muck and hockey pucks. Should have known better than to order it outside of the South where it is appreciated and always made well. My wife had the pancakes which were very good. You eat outside in the shadow of the Tetons. This is why you come to Dornan’s.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We didn't pack a picnic lunch to take to Jenny Lake and there were few places to eat around the area (Jenny Lake General Store has some limited selections). Stumbled upon Dornan's in Moose. Chuckwagon offers burgers/teriyaki chicken sandwiches/veg burgers with sides. All around $9 inc drinks (soda/lemonade). We were starving - so this fit the bill. You eat at picnic tables or in a teepee. The highlight was driving out of Dornan's - back into the park - and saw the famous bull moose that likes to frequent the river near the bridge at Moose Junction.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was probably not the place for us as we don't eat meat - oh well. We were able to get salmon which was good, but the sides were all for meat-lovers. The smell however of the grill, was wonderful!!!