Moose Head Ranch
$995
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Snake River Lodge and Spa(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$301
$275
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Alpenhof Lodge(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$322
$242
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$399
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$411
$389
Inn at Jackson Hole(Teton Village)(Great Value!)
$237
$192
galahotels.com
Elk Refuge Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$263
Spring Creek Ranch(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$380
Cancelon
$369
Anvil Hotel(Jackson)(Great Value!)
$297
All reviewscabin girlsfamily vacationfly fishingbisonsoftball gamehorseback ridingjackson holesnake rivercollege kidsgrand tetonssunday nighttroutheaven on earthpicnic lunchtop notchrustic elegancepersonal attention
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from Moose Head. It was our 10th wedding anniversary. The staff was so nice. They really made you feel at home. The food was amazing. The best I've ever had. My husband and I are gluten-free and we never had to worry about what to eat. It was our first time there and we will go back.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We just returned from 5 nights at Moose Head which was our first visit to a dude ranch. We weren't sure what we were getting into, since a dude ranch vacation was a bit out of our comfort zone. At the urging of a friend, who claimed her family's dude ranch vacation was their best, I decided to look into it. I came across Moose Head on Trip Advisor and a guide book I purchased, and I hit a home run. Our family of 4, with 2 daughters, 18 & 15, had a wonderful time. The location was ideal with fabulous views of the Grand Tetons. We rode horses each day which brought us into the Grand Teton national park and the national forrest with beautiful terrain and views. We had an unusually cold week, but it did not put a damper on a thing. I might think our morning ride up to Chimney Peak with snow flurries all around might have been my highlight. Who gets to do that?!! It was so cold, but so beautiful and peaceful. The views were breathtaking. We had many opportunities to see wild life such as bison, elk, prong horns, hawks and my 18 year old saw an eagle on one of her rides. What made Moose Head ideal for us was that our rides included just our family and a wrangler. They have a fabulous staff. Eddy - who runs the horses and wranglers and has for years, was just wonderful. His staff of wranglers speak so highly of him and gush about how much they've learned from him and respect him. He's just delightful, as are the young men (wranglers) Louise and Kit employ for the summer. Every one I met was a college student on summer break. They were polite, articulate, knowledgeable and so fun to be with. I had also read rave reviews about the food which also exceeded our expectations. Dennis, their head chef, (I think he's been there 13 years) prepared delicious food. It was exceptional! I came home with 5 copies of the Moose Head Ranch cookbook I'll be sharing with my friends. They also employ a staff of girls that help in the kitchen, serve meals, as well as take care of the cabins. These girls were delightful too. They added so much to our experience. Mark and Ginger, who run the main office, as well as the grounds, couldn't have been nicer as well. We felt like family within a day of arriving. The staff and guests all joined in for a softball game after dinner one evening which was so much fun. We did a few side trips into Jackson, white water rafting, and rented bikes for a scenic ride to Jenny Lake. We were never without something to do and the week went by too fast. Louise and Kit Davenport have a special place with Moose Head. We're so glad we were able to decompress for a week and do something truly unique.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our first visit to Moose Head Ranch and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! The owners, Kit and Louise, went out of their way to make us feel at home and comfortable. Upon arriving at the ranch we were greeted by Mark and Ginger who escorted us to our cabin and helped us settle in. Our cabin was tastefully decorated with a rustic elegance that gave us an old time western feel. The view from our cabin was breath-taking and was a pleasure to wake up to every morning. The wranglers and cabin girls were extremely knowledgeable, respectful, and courteous. We enjoyed every meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and the food was excellent! We definitely plan to return!

Rod and Laurie Neville

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just got back from our second visit to Moose Head Ranch and it was wonderful again!
The food is delicious, the crew (college students for wranglers & cabin girls) so nice, and
the hosts and rest of staff go out of their way to meet your every desire. Easy to visit Yellowstone too. My family consisting of 2 sons and their wives, one 12 year old granddaughter and one 6 year old grandson were completely captivated by everything
and plotting to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: All cabins are set up to accommodate your party comfortably. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was lucky enough to enjoy the ranch in Moose. The staff was fabulous, and the chef extraordinary, I had elk osso buco. The cabins are rustic elegance and the views can't be beat. Be sure to bring your fly rod to fish in the ponds.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends