“Fabulous Dude Ranch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Moose Head Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moose
Moose Head Ranch
Tallahassee, Florida
“Fabulous Dude Ranch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just got back from our second visit to Moose Head Ranch and it was wonderful again!
The food is delicious, the crew (college students for wranglers & cabin girls) so nice, and
the hosts and rest of staff go out of their way to meet your every desire. Easy to visit Yellowstone too. My family consisting of 2 sons and their wives, one 12 year old granddaughter and one 6 year old grandson were completely captivated by everything
and plotting to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: All cabins are set up to accommodate your party comfortably. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was lucky enough to enjoy the ranch in Moose. The staff was fabulous, and the chef extraordinary, I had elk osso buco. The cabins are rustic elegance and the views can't be beat. Be sure to bring your fly rod to fish in the ponds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I first went the the MH about 30 years ago when John and Eleo were running the Ranch. Kit and Louise took the reigns (pun intended!) shortly after that and didn't miss a beat as they are also totally engaging. Dave and Kathy's son Eddy (who now handles the horses) was just a tadpole then, but he was surely taking notes as the riding opportunities are well handled, tailored to the riders skills and flexible. MH is not only blessed with great staff, but also with just spectacular views of the Teton's - at times you feel like you can touch them!

Over the holidays I asked my kids about our experience out there and their faces immediately lit up and this was immediately followed by "can we go back?!"

If you want a memorable, relaxed and wholesome family vacation, this is it (sorry to gush about it...hard not to!)

Room Tip: I am very familiar with all the rooms here, and all are equally good.
1 Thank Paul L
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Dear Louise and Kip,

I know its been forever since Justus and I had the pleasure of attending what you have created in Jackson Hole!!!! Let me begin by saying that he still talks about next time and I have not stopped thinking about how to get there!!!! I cannot thank the both of you enough for the amazing time that I was able to spend with my son! Not to mention the speed bumps...We made it! I was so worried about arriving with just a party for two. I couldn't have been met with a better staff. Not only with open arms, but some pretty good smores from a 10 hour extravaganza! Where you are and what you do is second to none! From the historic cabins to the hummingbirds we had the pleasure of watching at all the meals.. Oh and the meals... AMAZING! Justus and I both enjoy a fantastic meal. But being surprised every morning and evening with culinary expertise is hats off to your chef! Love the cookbook by the way. Kip, Our first morning of flyfishing lessons was expert to say the least and your patience with both of us was top notch! Our horse rides were unbelievable. Justus could not stop talking about how cool Rory and Ben were as our wranglers. And Tim actually matched up a horse for Justus with the same name of his sister... Summer, and he loved the horse just about as much as he loves his sister..except he doesn't save apples at breakfast for his sister. We did the whitewater and thoroughly enjoyed it. But Louise the hikes and drives you suggested have pictures on my wall forever! I know this trip was given to Justus and I as a gift and there was a reason why! I haven't figured out how to ever thank my uncle Mike and I probably never will. But the memories you have allowed us to take in will last forever! When we left the ranch the night of the rodeo was oddly a unsettling feeling for people aka friends that we had just met. Neither of us wanted to leave. Lousie the hug I gave you on the day of our departure was one that I would give to my mom if I were leaving for an extended period of time. And I hope for my sons sake we are able to come back for one more hug!

Thank you!

Jeff and Justus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

As we begin the preparation of sending our children back to college, we all find ourselves reflecting on the summer holiday. Without a doubt, the highlight of our summer was our time at Moose Head Ranch. We all fell in love with the ranch the minute we stepped out of our car and we were amazed that the employees already knew our names. If you are making other stops in the area do those first because nothing will impress you as much as Moose Head. Kit and Louise are the perfect host and hostess and we are grateful that they shared their beautiful piece of paradise with us. We also enjoyed meeting Eddie, Bill and Betty, and the sweet, beautiful cabin girls. And what trip out west would be complete without being thoroughly entertained by one of Moose Heads adorable wranglers! I wish we could have stayed longer but we are grateful for the memories that will last a lifetime. I would give the highest recommendation for a weeks stay at Moose Head Ranch.

Room Tip: There is no bad cabin.
1 Thank berentsb
Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've taken many family vacations through the years, but our visit to Moose Head has to be the pinnacle of our experiences. Our cabin was spacious, comfortable and cozy. The food was so delicious that even our young granddaughters (7 and 10) couldn't wait for meal time. Our trail rides were fun and enjoyable. But what stands out in all our minds is the hospitality we were shown by Louise and Kit, Cathy and Dave, the sweet couple who manage the office (sorry, can't recall the name just now) and the many young ladies and men who serve as wranglers, servers and helpers. Everyone did a superb job! I might add, my husband and I are 71 years old and are looking forward to another trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our first visit to Moose Head Ranch and we hope it will not be our last. We really appreciated the family atmosphere, we ate, rode and stayed as a family, not to say that our son didn't disappear with the other kids for to run and play around the lodge. Moose Head Ranch was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and made sure we were well cared for. As most others have mentioned the food is fantastic, fresh, healthy and beautifully done. Moose Head was a great experience and one we will fondly remember for a long time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moose
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch
Colter Bay Village
Colter Bay Village
#5 of 13 in Grand Teton National Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,028 reviews

Been to Moose Head Ranch? Share your experiences!