Ways to Experience Moose Wilson Road
from $165.00
from $145.00
from $275.00
More Info
All reviews teton village wildlife viewing black beans rental car rockefeller preserve eating berries scenic drive go slow slow down both times great drive three times short cut be patient early in the morning saw deer speed limit
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2019

We had seen almost all of the major large mammels we wanted to see while in Yellowstone NP with the exception of moose. We just got onto Moose Wilson Road when we saw folks pulled over to the side of the road. My husband pulled over at the parking lot area and I walked back to where folks were gathered only to find out that a cow moose and yearling had just gone into the woods. As with all animal sightings in the park, patience is a virtue, and within 20 minutes the cow and yearling were sighted in the woods and worked their way back down into the creek below us. I was able to go some excellent shots of both of them.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Great scenery but only 3/4ths of road is paved and it is very narrow in some areas and not many places to pull over. I have seen bears in the area as they enjoy the berries in then early summer.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2019

I read all the reviews and worried about our rental car going down this road. It was a nonevent. Maybe it had just been graded but seemed fine. We didn't see anything and we drove it twice at dawn and dusk. We wouldn't have know about the Laurance S. Rockefeller Preserve without driving down this road. I found that very interesting. Not a must go if you are limited on time. We passed cars with no issue. It did seem faster to the Jackson Hole ski resort area. Glad we did it but I don't think it is a must do nor anything to worry about if you do decided to do it.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

This is an easy drive from Jackson to Moose Wy with the opportunities to see wildlife. Unfortunately our timing (time of day and time of year ) was off and we didn't see much wildlife to brag about , but hopefully you will have better luck !

Reviewed September 8, 2019

We were recommended to take this road and we did before dusk. Unfortunately, other than a narrow, rutted road, we never saw a moose.