“Yum Yum Yum”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food and service are both awesome! It can be a little bit pricey at dinner, but it is so worth it. The French Onion Soup and Caramelized Banana Brulee are heavenly!

There are newer reviews for Crooked Spoon Cafe

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is our 2nd year traveling through Grand Marais en route to the Boundary Waters and each year it is a "must stop and have lunch" at The Crooked Spoon. The food is great and we have never had to wait very long for a seat. Service is very friendly and very efficient. I love to hear the young blond lady talk with her European accent. It makes me realize how far I am away from home but I feel even further when she speaks and it makes our dining even more pleasant. I love this little town and this is definitely a Grand little place that I look forward to visiting each year❤️

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lovely little gem of a place that we've heard so much "foodie" chat about but had never experienced. Welcomed heartily on a Tuesday, I had the Fresh Fish of the day sandwich which happened to be fresh caught Lake Superior Herring. I had it broiled and it came on grilled Ciabatta with red onions, lettuce, tomato and some nice aoili. My sister splurged on the Lamb Meatballs with feta in some nummy sauce (not overbearing). We also shared a salad with port soaked pears and dried bing cherries with goat cheese (too much on serving) with a light balsamic vinegarette that was utterly perfect! Service was good and they could even recommend a massage therapist in town for my back that was currently going out from the motel bed the night before. All in all a wonderful delight and we'll surely be back, probably this week as there were more delights on the menu that intrigued us! BTW, we found the bathroom to be one of the nicest we've been to in recent times in a restaurant. Kudos to your staff.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been at the Crooked Spoon more than once during our treks to northern Minnesota. And we always try to get to the Crooked Spoon when we do. For one thing the food is good, the atmosphere is great, the staff is friendly, and the music is enjoyable. Whenever we have arrived for a weekend meal, the place is jam-packed because people like to eat there and come listen to the different types of music there. It was the same this time at 8:30 p.m. and it was hard to get a table (we ended up at a table for 2 but squeezed 3 in). I love the blood marys which are more like a salad in a glass and come with a beer chaser. This drink has celery, shrimp, olives, pickles, and a good dash of spices. I had the Fisherman's stew which is always good with crispy bread and pesto on the side. Another one of us had a juicy burger and another a salad. Both were large servings and very good. We would recommend this restaurant to friends and those interested in a good time in a "small" town. Then stroll around the harbor afterward or maybe there will be an art show to see.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

You could miss the place as just another store front on the main street of this fun town, and there is nothing to excite you as you step in the door. However, the service is friendly and the food is outstanding! Some unusual presentations with top quality ingredients. Each of the 4 of us ordered something different both times we were in and we were pleased with everything we had. I see someone else's comment on price. With most things needing to be trucked in from a distance and a less than 12 month season, I cannot complain about the prices.