“Excellent Meal”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had the sea scallop meal and my husband had the chicken. Both meals had excellent flavor and the presentation was wonderful. They have a small variety of meals at any given time, so if your looking for a large menu to mull over before you decide on your meal, this may not be the place for you. We were there when it opened at 4:30 PM and we were one of 3 tables of patrons seated, by the time we left it was full and people were still coming in. This was on a Monday night at the end of the season. Service was quick and attentive. A little expensive for northern Minnesota but we would return when in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

You will probably have to wait for a table, but it's worth it. Not the cheapest place to eat and a somewhat limited menu, but everything is great. Highly recommend

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ate at the bar, with a smaller menu, but a great white pizza and nice wine. Interior could use some upgrading, but the food was the best we had in Grand Marais.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I just had one of the best meals EVER. I could have never guessed we would find this foodie haven at the northern tip of Minnesota. We saw a short line waiting for the restaurant to open. We decided to get in line and what a treat. We ordered the red pepper hummus appetizer (AWESOME), then a cream of tomato soup (WOW), then entrees that included beef ribeye (OMG!). Every course was fantastic...
What a wonderful experience. We were too stuffed to have dessert, but I'm sure it would have been delectable.
I would bet we will return to Grand Marais next year for the beauty of the north shore, but we will be sure to stop in again at the Crooked Spoon. We'll be telling all of our family and friends about it as well...

Reviewed October 12, 2013

After a long day of hiking we were famished. Not sure were to eat we chose the crooked spoon. Very wise choice. Good beer, great steak and wonderful décor. I can't wait for the next time I come up the north shore.