“Nice Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crooked Spoon Cafe
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

After our meal the Crooked Spoon is a 'must do' whenever we come to Grand Marais. For those who know Grand Marais - its in a refurbished portion of the old bus station on Wisconsin Street.
Fresh in-season foods like crisp green beans and grilled Lake Superior whitefish; sweet, fresh and well prepared. The wine and beer selection is great and service perfect. A wonderful, simple and elegant place. No reservations, come as you are, and definitely - you'll want to return.

Mitchellville, Ia
“Another great meal in Grand Marais,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We first tried The Crooked Spoon three trips ago. Loved it and have added it to the "must go" list of restaurants in Grand Marais.

The food is fabulous and served in an attractive, appealing, manner. The service is friendly and efficient. Because the food is cooked for you it is not fast, but allows for a leisurely, dining experience. Local artwork covers the wall and staff will assist you with purchases.

The view of the harbor is nice if you are seated near the window.

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I missed this restaurant when I was last in Grand Marais but discovered it the first night back. This place does a lively business and the food is exceptional. The staff are efficient and friendly. The food is flavorful, imaginative and well presented. I am told that their French Onion Soup is extraordinary and plan to find out for myself tonight. This may be my favorite restaurant in town.

Eagan, Minnesota
“I really wanted to LOVE this place...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I read through all of the reviews of the Crooked Spoon, and was more than excited to visit here! Our experience was so disappointing. I don't know if we caught them on a bad day, or what?? We dined in for lunch on a Wednesday, at about 1:30. (they close for lunch at 3:00) We were seated at the table right next to the entrance by our waitress, that dare I say, seemed annoyed that another group of people had shown up to eat. It took her almost 10 minutes to come back to just give us some water. We were seconds away from just leaving, and we should have.... As more people kept showing up, there is nowhere for them to wait, so the bumping of my chair from people, purses, & backpacks got old. Anyway, once we finally ordered, and my $12.50 fancy hamburger came, I took a double take at my plate, because the dill pickle potato chips were Old Dutch dill pickle chips! What?? With a $12.50 hamburger? I'm not a food snob, but for real, a side item of bagged chips belongs down the street at the Grand Marais VFW, not the Crooked Spoon. I just don't get this place at all.....sorry.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Taos, NM
“Great Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our service was pretty good- not great, but pretty good. The food was great! Upbeat and busy, but casual and unhurried. We had a great time and the atmosphere was fantastic. We liked that it was unpretentious and yet somewhat refined and rustic!

Visited August 2013