“This is It!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Grand Marias is awash with fish of every persuasion. Broiled whitefish at The Crooked Spoon is delicate, fresh and mouth watering. Two filets served with perfectly cooked and tastey wild rice, salad and warm rolls with cinnamon butter all collide in your mouth for a truely memorable meal. We saw fancy pork dishes, really I thought I was in heaven! It was perfect, friendly and so, so satisfying!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived forty-five minutes before their 8 pm closing, and the attention we received was not hurried. Even a party of 4 who arrived 2 minutes before closing were greeted enthusiastically and no sign of the server regretting the late arrival. The food-chicken, broccolini and mashed potatoes-was delicious. The dinner side salad cost extra and was skimpy. The prices are high but the ambience is true to its name, a cafe. There is no table cover, but did have linen napkins. The tables feel a bit too close, but again that is the cafe part. We would return once each time we visit Grand Marais.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this little restaurant after reading the Trip Advisor reviews and were impressed. The food was good and the staff was friendly. I felt it was a little pricey, but all in all, we had a delicious dinner.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor, and I was rather skeptical as it sure didn't "look" like much...DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! This place was unbelievable. We had the pheasant in pan drippings. If you are not from the Midwest you probably don't know how difficult it is to make tasty, moist, pheasant without cooking it low and slow, but this was the best pheasant I have ever tasted, and I consider myself a very good wild game chef. I could go on and on about the salad, dessert, etc...but I don't want to waste your time. Get yourself down to the Crooked Spoon and experience this place for yourself!

1  Thank TAmbroz
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Looks like a cafe from the outside, but high quality and creative cuisine! Price was higher than we expected from exterior of building, but the food was exquisite and presentation extremely artful and beautiful - picture worthy! We loved every bite.

1  Thank Cindy L