WINNER WONDERLAND

Crooked Spoon Cafe
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mason City, Iowa
“A definite treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My son and I enjoyed wonderful meals and great service here. I had I had the double cut pork chop with balsamic, onion and bacon marmalade with blue cheese mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts. My son had the pan roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and chard. All I can say is "heavenly". Everything was perfect, great portions and delicious. Even though we were quite content after our meal we each had desert, and I don't regret that one bit! I had the banana brûlé, with banana rum caramel sauce, vanilla bean ice cream,
cashew brittle and sea salt. My son had the coffee bean crème brûlé. Fabulous!! I cannot wait for another visit up north, because I will be back to the Crooked Spoon.

1 Thank Lori C

Duluth, Minnesota
“Crooked Spoon Serves Up Delightful Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a cabin concert with Michael Monroe, three of us went to lunch at the Crooked Spoon because we recalled eating their several years ago and having good food. It was still there and still as good as ever. The salads were large in proportion and the vegetarian options excellent. The details of presentation made for lovely to look at servings as well as the textures a delight to the tongue. They served appropriate Irish dishes for St.Patrick's Day and those who ordered the Reuben and found it to be mouthwatering good.

1 Thank SunnySis60
Oakdale, Minnesota
“Very, very good. Cute and quaint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had lunch there on March 23, 2013. That was the last day before their closing until early May.
Husband had the special of the day which was a reuben. I had the french onion soup.
We were really looking forward to the oven fries, but alas, prior to our getting there, someone had ordered their last order for takeout. Because it was the last day, they did not have any more. Had to sub in the dill chips which were good.
Had a decandent dessert to share.
Will go back next time and hope to have those oven fries.

Thunder Bay, Canada
“An excellent restaurant in Grand Marais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was excellent. Both our meals were well prepared and presented, large quantities and the quality of the food was excellent. The service was very good as well and the waitress knew the menu very well and could answer any questions. We would definitely recommend The Crooked Spoon to anyone wanting a really great meal in Grand Marais.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jim C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unsurpassable food quality!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Seriously the BEST food I have ever eaten! Quaint litte restaurant with gourmet quality entrees. This is a must stop for anyone passing through or by.

1 Thank Bags789