East Bay Suites
Aspen Lodge(Grand Marais)
$109
Travelocity
The Shoreline Inn(Grand Marais)
$109
Spruceglen Inn(Grand Marais)
$89
Aspen Inn(Grand Marais)
$99
$125
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Superior Inn(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$140
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

Mangy Moose Motel(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$99
TripAdvisor
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior(Lutsen)(Great Value!)
$101
Feather Nest Inn(Grand Marais)
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenwasher and dryeraveda productslake superiorin townmurphy bedco opbeautiful viewdonutsgas fireplacedining tablewithin walking distancegrand mariashear the wavesnice amenitieslocation is great
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Don't stay anywhere else-- unless you're a noisy jerk. Then you should stay at Best Western or the Spruce Glen. This hotel is for lovers of quiet, rocks, and water. Its suites double as condos for some lucky owners, so they're equipped with full kitchens, laundry machines, and cozy seating areas. We stayed in a one-bedroom setup, but loved the view from the living room so much that we pulled down the Murphy bed and stayed in there all week. It was just as comfy as a traditional bed.

Room Tip: If you're booking a studio, request that it not be the one along the stairwell-- this eats up 50% of your floor area and doesn't equal a discount on your rate!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
JenniferG183, Front Office Manager at East Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at East Bay Suites. We are happy to hear that you found the amenities and atmosphere of our accommodations to your liking. We hope the memories made here will last you a lifetime. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Not only do I love GM but I love East Bay Suites. The suites we have stayed in have always been clean and neat. They are decorated with the gifts from the Lake. It couldn't be any more personal for a Lake Lover! The kitchen and dining area are perfect for a few days stay. No puny little refrigerator or stove. The shelves are stocked with every kind of utensil needed for plenty of types of meals for your vacation. The television/sitting area is comfortable and nicely decorated. Bathroom and bedroom always clean and accomodating. Another big plus is the location. It is nestled right on the shore of Lake Superior - if you love listening to the waves crashing on the shore.....but it is also within walking distance of plenty of shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at East Bay Suites. We are happy to hear that you found the amenities, location and atmosphere of our accommodations to your liking. We hope the memories made here will last you a lifetime-or at least until your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We chose this place because we had to bring our puppy on our trip. We appreciated the fact that they accepted pets, but our room was quite uncomfortable. The bed was extremely high and the mattress was so hard that it had absolutely no give. We didn't sleep well because of this. Also, the room was small and oddly-shaped (wrapped around the staircase) and not very usable. We like to sit around and read and play games in the evening while watching the lake, but the layout and lighting was only conducive to watching TV. The 'kitchen' was tiny and awkward with 2 electric burners and only a bar sink with nowhere to dry dishes.

I realize that this place has many different units, such as the bigger ones pictured on its website, which might be much nicer. I just think for $161/night, we didn't get much. I agree with the person who commented on the lack of AC and ice--we were there in October and it was still stuffy in the room, even with the windows open, and I too missed ice for my soda and water.

The nearby Best Western is much nicer as rooms include a table with the lake view, a couch, breakfast, microwave, refrig, etc. for less. I realize belatedly that they even have pet-friendly units, so next year we will go back there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JenniferG183, Front Office Manager at East Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I do sincerely apologize that your expectations were not met. The Deluxe Business room is the only one of its kind. It is our most basic room with a kitchenette, queen size bed, standard bath and two windows facing the lake. We do have Studios which will provide you with more space and will be around the same price as the Deluxe Business room. The differences with the Studios are they have a balcony, fireplace, and a sofa that converts into a Queen Murphy bed in addition to the kitchenette and standard bath. Up from there we have one, two and three bedroom suites which will have a full kitchen, living room, balcony/patio and private bedrooms. I truly hope that you will give us another chance to make things right. I encourage you to please contact me personally to assist you with any further concerns or inquiries. I can be contacted at 218-387-2800 Ext. 1003 or at Jennifer@eastbaysuites.com. Again, I apologize for the experience you had recently with us and we hope you will be our guest again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First off, I've never stayed in a hotel this amazing, so I may be biased at how nice this place is. The staff was good, didn't get much interaction with them besides check-in/out, they're not in the lobby 24/7, but they give you a phone number to call in case of emergency. But the hotel itself is just awe-inspiring. The lobby is so homey. The rooms are more than I ever expected. The entire hotel was very clean and well kept. The balcony was good and looking out to Lake Superior just made it better. We slept with the balcony door open, and it was so peaceful listening to the waves. The bathroom in the room we stayed in is bigger than both of my bathroom's in my house put together (I may be exaggerating a little there). And I don't drink coffee, but the coffee brand they had available in the room was delicious! Overall, I think I could live in that room, no problem! If you're considering staying here, look no more! And World's Best Donuts is right across the street!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
JenniferG183, Front Office Manager at East Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay at East Bay Suites. We hope the memories you made here last a lifetime. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again in the future! Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I recently did a long weekend in Grand Marais. We stayed here for 2 nights and it was great. We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit facing the lake. It doesn't really get any better. There's a balcony, a fire place and free popcorn. The place is also an easy walk to everything...donuts, grocery store, the co-op, restaurants, etc.

I thought it was maybe a little pricey, but considering you can use the fully furnished kitchen to cook, you save on going out to restaurants. And the views from your room are better than any that the restaurants can offer.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms facing the parking lot. If you end up in one of these without knowing ahead of time, you'll be dissapointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at East Bay Suites. We hope that the memories you made here will last a lifetime or at least until you come for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you for being our guest.