“Location, location, location!”

The Pie Place
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: When it comes to our famous pies or our amazing breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus the secret is simple - our first ingredient is always love! We are a family-owned restaurant that has proudly served up gourmet home-cooking and a warm atmosphere on the North Shore of Lake Superior since 1996. Our bakery boasts an extensive selection of berry pies, cream pies, and specialty pies, alongside cookies and cakes and other seasonal desserts! Pies are baked daily entirely from scratch using all of the best available ingredients to ensure a flavor unlike any other. But at The Pie Place Café, we're about more than just pies! Locals and visitors alike enjoy our summer breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. We've been called the best breakfast on the North Shore and it's not hard to see why with our popular Maple Sausage Patties, omelets, and pancakes. Our lunch and supper menus feature favorites like the Black Bear Blueberry Salad and Three Meat Maple Meatloaf - hands down the best meatloaf we've ever tried! Whether you're joining us for one of our namesake pies or an unforgettable Pie Place Café dinner, we look forward to making you feel right at home.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I cannot overstate how amazing our two meals were at the Pie Place! Right across the street from the Grand Marais harbor, this place has a view to die for and the food to match.

We came for dinner and found the place to be so good we had to come back for breakfast the next morning. Both meals were excellent to say the least, with the crab cakes and the pie being the highlights of a great evening.

Breakfast the next day was another great experience and I highly recommend the scones with clotted cream. Perfectly baked and extremely tasty.

If you're up on the North Shore, be sure to stop by the Pie Place. You won't regret it.

1  Thank MNSoxChief102

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I stopped by on the recommendation of a friend when we were on the North Shore over spring break. The only whole pies available were two day-old apple pies, so I bought one to bring back to the family. It was hands down the best apple pie I've ever had. My kids agreed. I wish I had purchased both of them. Now I'll have to wait until summer to buy another one.

1  Thank 730jane
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My daughter and I stopped in for lunch. We wanted a place where we could eat with a great view of lake Superior. We found the view we were looking for, but we also found friendly and prompt service, an excellent menu and the best rhubarb pie we had ever had. We will be back in the morning!

1  Thank aduckwall
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have been taking an annual girls trip for 20 plus years to the Grand Marais area and for many of them we have eaten at The Pie Place. We were there in March and have always found The Pie Place charmig, clean, comfortable and that fact that it is right in town is a plus. The food is so good, try the scones with clotted cream and don’t miss the maple sausage for breakfast. We highly recommmend The Pie Place and will continue to come back!

1  Thank T B
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stopped for lunch at the Pie Place on our way to Thunder Bay, Canada. We had a nice window seat to look out over the harbor. Very pleasant waitress and atmosphere. Very good homemade soup and meatloaf lunch special. Topped it off with a fresh yummy slice of apple pie. I would definitely recommend The Pie Place. FYI, The Pie Place offered Gluten Free menu items if those who need this option.

1  Thank thetravelteam