“Superior Food on Lake Superior”
Review of The Pie Place - CLOSED

The Pie Place
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: When it comes to our famous pies or our amazing breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus the secret is simple - our first ingredient is always love! We are a family-owned restaurant that has proudly served up gourmet home-cooking and a warm atmosphere on the North Shore of Lake Superior since 1996. Our bakery boasts an extensive selection of berry pies, cream pies, and specialty pies, alongside cookies and cakes and other seasonal desserts! Pies are baked daily entirely from scratch using all of the best available ingredients to ensure a flavor unlike any other. But at The Pie Place Café, we're about more than just pies! Locals and visitors alike enjoy our summer breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. We've been called the best breakfast on the North Shore and it's not hard to see why with our popular Maple Sausage Patties, omelets, and pancakes. Our lunch and supper menus feature favorites like the Black Bear Blueberry Salad and Three Meat Maple Meatloaf - hands down the best meatloaf we've ever tried! Whether you're joining us for one of our namesake pies or an unforgettable Pie Place Café dinner, we look forward to making you feel right at home.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a wonderful find! Natural and organic and gluten free too. Up for the weekend, had both lunch and breakfast on different days. Fresh ingredients, simple yet elegant menu. The presentation of the food is visually pleasing too. Friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff. Portion size...just right, not super sized. But, if you need hearty, there are heavier menu options. I have been here and observed patrons who have just come from a camping/paddling trip in the BWCA and are hungry for their first meal off the water that will feed their stomachs and their souls. The Pie Place in Grand Marais leaves one feeling satisfied on so many levels. Do yourself a kindness, treat yourself..breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a great lunch, my mother, son and I. My son was a little surprised by the bread used for his chicken salad sandwich. I thought it was the best one I'd ever tasted. I told my mom this with an apology and she said "never mind the apology - I agree!!"
They had pie and it was good, I had a cookie with my coffee and it was delicious.
My son had the chocolate cream pie and it wasn't as good as any of us thought it would be...but my mom loved hers.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Looks like a little hole in the wall from the street but it was actually a pretty lucky find on a cold winter/spring day. The food was really good. I had the voyager plate and the maple sausage and the potato's were awesome. The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. It was overall a great experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a great place to eat especially for breakfast...and the pie is amazing. It's located next the Harbor Inn (which is also a great place to stay). They have home baked bread, pie, and home cooked meals. Delicious.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wonderful breakfast omelets. My favorite has maple sausage, mushrooms, smoked gouda cheese, & caramelized onions.... served with fresh homemade bread (i.e.cranberry wild rice) and dynamite breakfast potatoes (hash browns with sour cream and smoke gouda)... Price is under $10. I usually have to take some home because there is just too much to eat. Good people, good food, good view