“Great lunch!”

Angry Trout Cafe
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are the Angry Trout Café, serving local fresh ingredients. We do not allow animals.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Smoked fish and cheese appetizer was wonderful and great plenty for my lunch. My wife had the veggie plate and loved it.

Visited October 2013

Lakeland, Florida
“A bit of a wait but worth it”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

For the first night in Grand Marais we visited The Angry Trout Cafe. It was a Saturday night so it was reasonable that it should be crowded. There was a bit of a wait but we were a group of 15 and the restaurant seated us as soon as enough seats were available. We were disappointed that the local fish of the day had run out and was not available; however, we opted for the smoked trout fettucini which was excellent. Further, the most incredible salad filled with all kinds of tasty fresh veggies was served right alongside the pasta on a huge plate. It wasn't cheap - $23.50 for this entree but it was delicious. The restaurant is right on the harbor and the views at sunset were spectacular. There is outdoor seating but it was too chilly for that. Definitely a must if you visit Grand Marais.

• Visited September 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
“For a special night out”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I can't think of a weak point about the Angry Trout. The food is terrific, never bland, attractive presentation. The setting is beautiful, on the harbor at Grand Marais. The furniture was made locally as was the tableware. They procure produce as geographically near as they can. Staff has always been cordial to us.

• Visited September 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“First time in Angry Trout”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The service was good for our crowd - maybe 10 or so women. But they didn't have what I wanted to order, so I didn't know what to expect. It was good, but not excellente.
We had to rearrange the orders, of course were so many women talking, I suppose it was easy to mistake one order for the next. They did keep the wine flowing.
The wait staff were friendly & I'll try it another time perhaps, however maybe when there's entertainment. I am not especially organic.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto
“Excellent lunch!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I love this place! I ordered a fish sandwich and it was amazingly good. Others in my party ordered fish and chips and loved them too. Service was excellent, and the waiter was also super friendly. Love that fact that the place makes everything or sources locally. Even the table, chairs and dishes are made by local artists. And the location is right on the lake, so it is beautiful. Only downside - they make all their own sodas, and the diet cola was vile. However, the coffee was very good! Will definately go again next time I am in Grand Marais.

• Visited October 2013