“Great creative food in the north woods”
Review of Gunflint Tavern

Gunflint Tavern
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Full service bar and restaurant, open year-round, Live Music 250 nights a year, rooftop bar overlooking the harbor, Eclectic/Ethnic Menu
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great, non-traditional bar food, Great beer selection. Great local live music! View of Lake Superior!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

It's an incredible restaurant with a wide variety of cuisines represented, all with a chef's twist. There's bar seating on the roof that lets you view Lake Superior, but if it's too warm as it was for us this last visit, the inside is an atmospheric not-too-small restaurant with a very good craft beer selection. We've been coming to Grand Marais for years, and have never had a less than wonderful meal here. Even if we aren't there for a meal, it's always a treat.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Every year we come to Grand Marais for our anniversary and The Gunflint Tavern never lets us down. We really enjoy the variety of food choices the restaurant has to offer. The French onion soup is phenomenal and their appetizers can be substituted as an entrée because they're so generous. To top things off, the have a rooftop bar that features live music. It's a great way to be entertained and top off a great night in Grand Marais!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stopped here for some great beer, I love craft beer and they have a good selection. Ordered a dark nitro beer, the bartender informed me I should start with something else and "work my way up to that", I said I will be okay. He then comes back and gives me a different beer and says I would like this better. The beer I received was not what I ordered and while I may not know as much about beer as he did, give the customer what they ordered (not what you think they can handle). I told him this isn't what I ordered, he just walked away. The guy was very pretentious and NOT impressive (and way too old for a ponytail). I will never go back!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a small cozy bar. So much cool stuff to look at. Nautical theme. Amy the bartender was great. Funny and friendly. Met some very nice people. The roof top bar is cool and the view is terrific.