“Sunday family lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gunflint Tavern

Gunflint Tavern
Ranked #16 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Full service bar and restaurant, open year-round, Live Music 250 nights a year, rooftop bar overlooking the harbor, Eclectic/Ethnic Menu
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Sunday family lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We visited with our two daughters and 1 year old grandson on a Sunday afternoon during our annual fall visit to Grand Marais. No large tables so the 5 of us (including a high chair) were told to sit at the long communal table. Our youngest daughter had eaten here with her husband during their honeymoon in July and raved about the Cuban. It was excellent with the blue corn chips and amazing dip. My husband had fajitas that disappeared rapidly. My older daughter ordered the muffuletta which was good but not what she would call a muffuletta. Little grandson had a PBJ but didn't eat much of it since it was on sourdough bread that was too thick. The selection of beers was great so we tried 3 of the local brews. Service was attentive with the little guy treated well. Prices were somewhat high compared to other taverns.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Over priced, bad food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I ate here when we visited Grand Marais for our Anniversary. We thought the atmosphere looked good and tried the Tavern. I had the walleye sandwich that was so fishy tasting I wanted to throw up. My husband had the house burger. His burger was small and came with chips. Chips for a $13 dollar hamburger that was about as good as what you could get at McDonald's. The beer selection was just ok. I suggest skipping this one. We will never go back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LinGru
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great beer selection and food was very good. Bar had a pretty diverse crowd and staff was on top of it.

Portsmouth, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must eat here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I tried all sorts of food that I normally don't eat and everything was amazing! I wish there was one of these where I live! Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the staff, which is the only reason I didn't rate this place excellent. But the entertainer was great and like I said, the food was spectacular! And the drinks were just as good! Oh, I wish I could go back here more often! I'll say it again, you MUST eat here!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Asian Big Bowl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Is Fantastic!! After walking into the place for the first time, I spotted several people eating something that looked amazing and so I walked up to the counter and said I'll have that. Delicious!