“Good Pizza!”

Sven and Ole's Pizza
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
“Good Pizza!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Like the billboards say: "You haven't been to Grand Marais til you've been to Sven and Ole's" They was good pizza. They have a couple of pizzas you probably have never thought about eating. It's usually busy so it's sometimes hard to get a table. We like the fact you get pizza by the slice instead of a whole pie.

Visited June 2014

Rochester, Minnesota
“Tasty pizza”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our meal at this iconic stop in Grand Marais was excellent. The pizza was very tasty and our group thoroughly enjoyed the meal. I would recommend this stop to all who are on the North Shore.

• Visited June 2014
Hayward, Wisconsin
“A must stop. Delicious pizza!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

One of my favorite Grand Marais stops as a child and as an adult. I can't go to Grand Marais without a least one slice of their pizza. It is usually very busy because the pizza is so great. They have lots of specialty pizza choices. You haven't experienced Grand Marais until you've eaten here.

• Visited August 2013
Wisconsin
“Great service and pizza”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I spent the day hiking through the parks and woods along the gunflint trail and got back to Grand Marais late. We didn't know the town basically closes down at about 9 PM in May. We were in town for 4 nights and wanted to try Sven and Ole's and as it turned out they were the last restaurant open. In fact, they were closing down as we walked in to get a pizza and the good fellow said we would be his last customer for the night as long as we ate it in the bar. Talk about great customer service! The pizza was great as was the service in the bar. The bar tender took good care of us as well as the other stragglers. The decor is dated and the carpet needs to be replaced. However, one can look past that because the place is clean, bright and otherwise well maintained. The pizza holds up to the tradition and we recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was a very popular lunch spot in Grand Marais, and based on a few reviews on Trip Advisor, we gave it a go. My girlfriend liked it. It wasn't my favorite. The pizza was very average. I'm of the opinion that a local pizza joint should do something different to set itself apart from your local Pizza Hut lunch buffet, but I didn't get that at Sven and Ole's. The pizza wasn't bad, just wasn't anything special that I'd make a return trip for. I chose the two slice combo with a salad, and it was all very "meh," in my opinion. It's not a bad place to grab a quick slice and go.

Visited June 2014