“sprink break stop”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited for first time while staying at Lutsen Resort for spring break. I am a pizza nerd so i was skeptical but the pizza was great. Good, chewy texture on the crust, real cheese with ample amounts and fresh ingredients. Service was average at best but the food came out very fast. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had a pizza this place. To get a really good review of pizza, the pizza would have to be spectacular. This was more average. It was nice to sit down after a solo trip into the BWCA. The people here are friendly. One March back in 2009, I had just come out of the BWCA from a winter trek and I stopped here. It was Thursday and it was trivia night. That was a fun night and the locals were friendly too. This placeis more atmosphere of anything. The food is OK, but still a traditional spot for a lot of canoeists after or before their wilderness experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

You see their bumper stickers all over Minnesota and I always wondered if it really was somewhere 'special'. We've been there 3-4 times in the past several years and the place was the same this week as it was the first time. You step up to a counter to order and then go sit down in a room decorated with sporting/camping/outdoors memorabilia significant to life in northern Minnesota. Pizza arrives within about 15 minutes, very hot and yummy. All the traditional choices and some fun house-specialty combinations.
My opinion is that it's special in its simplicity and is a safe bet for a good meal without breaking the bank. Very casual atmosphere.
Beer is available and there's an upstairs bar. Fun trivia nights on Thursdays.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was our first visit and will probably be our last. We ordered a "chefs salad" which was actually very tasty and fresh. However when we got our hoagies that was a different story. I ordered the chicken/bacon/ranch and it was a mushy mess. The chicken breast was diced and mixed with bacon bits, tomatoes/onion and cheese. However it had way too much ranch dressing to the point it made the entire sandwich a mushy mess. I only managed to eat half so then I scraped everything off and just ate the bun. My husband ordered a meatball hoagie which could not be picked up and eaten, he had to eat it with a knife and fork however he said it was tasty. Honestly, I don't think we'll be back.

2  Thank akaent
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Sat in the back bar. The bartender was real nice. We stopped in for beers one night and had beer and pizza the next. They put wild rice on some of their pizzas which is a nice change. The pizza was good. If I'm in Grad Marais and want Pizza again, I would go back.