“Delicious treats and excellent service!”

Gunflint Mercantile
Ranked #4 of 12 Shopping in Grand Marais
More attraction details
Owner description: Grand Marais' Candy and Fudge Shop! Made-from-scratch Fudge, Truffles, Turtles, Peanut Butter Cups and Soup mixes, Sugar free candy, Retro Candy, Candy Cigarettes, Home-made Dog Treats, Coffee, Ice cream, Souvenirs and much more. Stop in for FREE Samples!!
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Delicious fudge and other treats in a cute shop. The fudge kabobs are a great way to try the different flavors. Online shopping is easy with fast shipping. I placed an order close to Valentine's day and Chelsea still took the time to personalize the gift box of truffles for me!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am a true fudge lover. Their fudge is the the best in the world. I would highly recommend their maple nut and salted nut roll, but the top would be the DARK CHOCOLATE SEA SALT CARMEL. Try it you won't be disappointed. They also have the cutest homemade aprons. I will be not only visiting again but ordering online.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic selection and service. The product if very good and very reasonably priced. The owner is very friendly and the store is immaculate!! I have visited this store many times on past visits to Grand Marais but this was the first time with my 6 year old daughter.. It was a huge hit!! This store has something for everyone and is just a pleasure to spend time shopping in. This is simply a must to visit on a trip to Grand Marais.. And the fudge is incredible!!.. Enjoy!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I eat a lot of sweets and by far Chelsea makes some of the best fudge and sweets I have tasted. The soup and rice mixes are wonderful too. I will be ordering from her when I need a sweet fix.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited on August 25. We have been to this shop in the past, but, out of sheer laziness, I have never reviewed it (also I couldn't figure what category to put it in). This shop has a surprisingly big selection of food items, handmade aprons, and souvenirs. First and foremost is the selection of "exotic" (and "not-so-exotic") fudges. All the fudge is handmade by the owner and each type I have sampled/bought has been top notch. Today I bought the following fudge flavors: maple bacon (I normally don't care for maple, but when I tried this flavor I had to have some), salted nut roll, dark chocolate sea salt caramel, chocolate chipotle (sounds strange, but REALLY good and with a little "zip"), turtle nut, heath chip, peanut butter chocolate. All are excellent. In addition to fudge, they sell homemade truffles (which are at least as good as, or better than the fudge). There is a whole line of syrups and jams - I bought some tripleberry syrup. In the back of the store there is ice cream - standard flavors AND some flavors you rarely see. From past experience I know that all of the soup mixes are excellent - again these are all made by the owner. My wife loves the aprons that are made there and has bought some as gifts. The prices are really reasonable for low volume, high quality, artisan goods. The best news is that there is a web site to order from and they ship very quickly. I consider this a "must see/must do" when I am in Grand Marais.