Voyageur Canoe Outfitters
Aspen Lodge(Grand Marais)
$99
Hotels.com
East Bay Suites(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$150
Best Western Plus Superior Inn(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$117
BestWestern.com
Aspen Inn(Grand Marais)
$65
Hotels.com
$125
Travelocity
The Shoreline Inn(Grand Marais)
$99
Travelocity
Mangy Moose Motel(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$89
TripAdvisor
Feather Nest Inn(Grand Marais)
Spruceglen Inn(Grand Marais)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspancake breakfastboundary waterswell trainedbwca triptowoutfittersadventurebunkhousecanoecabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been camping and fishing with my family on Sag for over 20 years and have never wandered into Voyageurs until this year. My whole family was extremely impressed with the service we received from them! We had made a first stop at Seagull Outfitters for some bait and eggs, not knowing the services that Voyageur offered. Seagull overcharged us for bait and tackle and would not take our bag of garbage instead told us to drive 3 miles down the road to a campground to dump it. We ended up at Voyageur where we were told what lures were catching fish this year, bait was half the price of Seagull, they took our garbage from us and since they don't normally sell eggs, they took eggs from their own kitchen to sell to us! Now that is service! My brother also took his walleye in to be frozen for a mount and they offered to freeze it for free and would not accept money for it when he went to pick it up! Again, he stopped at Seagull first and they wouldn't help him. We will all be recommending Voyageur to our friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachelle B
Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review, we really appreciate it. We're very happy to have been a part of your Gunflint Trail experience and we're glad it was such a good one. We do our best to offer one of a kind customer service and treat people the way we want to be treated when we're vacationing. We thank you for your kind words and hope to see you at Voyageur again.

Sue Prom

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was so nervous for this trip, seeing as how we are a couple of city-folk, but it was a BLAST! The entire staff is great and very helpful! Definitely put our mind at ease about the scariness of the great outdoors and gave us a bunch of great trips to make our 4 days successful! The dinner the first night (before heading out) was delicious and shower provided when you get back was amazing! All the equipment that we rented seemed brand new - although it was a wet mess when we brought it back! The weather wasn't perfect, but it didn't even matter, it was a great, relaxing trip that was actually a lot of hard work and quite rewarding! I recommend Voyageur to anyone looking for a little adventure and a great, helpful staff!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We thank you for writing such an awesome review of our services at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. We really appreciate the feedback and love to hear from our happy guests. We are glad you had a good time in the BWCA and that your interactions with our crew were positive. We pride ourselves on offering top notch service and equipment and are very pleased you received it.

We hope to see you up here again even when you're no longer a Rookie!

Thanks again and all the best!

Mike, Sue and the Voyageur Crew

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I grew up fishing in the boundary waters with my dad and was able to take my daughters up this summer for the first time. They absolutely fell in love with the area and cant wait to go back again. The crew at Voyageur were awesome, the equipment great and the property looks bettter than it did 40 years ago when i first visited the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

What a great Dad to take your daughters into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area camping. How lucky they are to be able to experience the woods and water with you. We are so happy Voyageur was a part of your memorable canoe trip and hope you'll return again soon.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review and keep up the great parenting!

Sue

Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the second we were on Gunflint Trail I knew I would love this place. And they didn't let me down. There wasn't a single person on the staff that wasn't friendly and helpful the entire time we were there. We stayed in Riverside cabin, and I honestly do not have any complaints. There are 2 canoes that you can take out when it's convenient for you, there's a personal dock, a campfire space and picnic table close to the river. The cabin itself was extremely clean and neat. I loved writing my experience (and reading others) in the journal left on the coffee table. If we needed anything, all we had to do was ask. I can't stress enough how great this place is. I hope I can return every year for this experience! And I would like to do a canoe trip also, since I've heard nothing but good things about those trips!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay in our Riverside Cabin at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters. It is a great cabin and other guests seem to enjoy the private deck, dock and campfire area too. We hope you will make it an annual vacation and try a canoe trip into the wilderness too. We'd love to see you back at Voyageur.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate it very much.

Sue Prom
Voyageur Canoe Outfitters- Where the Trail Ends and Your Voyage Begins...

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I just went on a trip with my husband and son (age 6). Both of them had never been to the BWCA and we went with voyageur's canoe outfitters. The meals were packed nicely. The gear was just right. We used all of their gear that was packed for us(we used two of our own sleeping bags because they were extremely lightweight and we don't get to use them as much as we'd like.) We brought our hammock which was awesome to sit in and look at the water and wildlife with besides just a nap. My only suggestion would to make sure you have a map carrying case. My husband bought one at the outfitters and it worked great. You can rent exactly what you need.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Paddling_hiking_Gal, Owner at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We're so happy to have been a part of your canoe trip. Thanks so much for using Voyageur Canoe Outfitters and for writing such a wonderful review for us. We're glad you had a good trip and hope you'll all be back again soon. Thanks again!