“Taco heaven”

Hughie's Taco House
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Hughie's is a fast and affordable Taco House which offers homemade food items including our "puff Taco". WINTER HOURS are limited, see below
Biwabik, Minnesota
“Taco heaven”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Looking for a place to eat on the evening of the 4th of July, and came across this jewel! Two minutes before closing they let us in and ordered our meals. The woman taking the orders was kind, cheerful, and VERY helpful. She and the delicious tacos made for a wonderful eating experience! Will definitely go back when in the area!

• Visited July 2014

Minnesota
“We're still talking about the tacos!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Oh, how I wish we had a place like Hughie's closer to home! (Hughie's, you'd have a market in the Twin Cities!) This was the best place we visited on our trip! If you like Mexican- you need to stop here. The service is so friendly... and they will help you decide what to choose. They have so many offerings for fixings (peppers, sweet corn, chipotle sour cream), and the puffy taco shells just melt in your mouth. The tacos run about $5 each. You order from the window and they bring to your table. The restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. Easy to find in downtown Grand Marais. Call up Guy Fieri from Diners, Drive-In's, & Dives. He needs to check this place out!

• Visited July 2014
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here after being directed by a local. I had the beef and sour kraut taco...yes, I said sour kraut. Unbelievably tasty. While the rest of my family wasn't as adventurous as me we unanimously agreed this is our new go to spot in G.Marais.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Tacos Ever”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was not expecting this place to be so good! Wow! The tacos are unbelievable! And I love how innovative the menu is (i.e. Sauerkraut tacos). Love this place.

Visited June 2014
Custer, Wisconsin, United States
“Best Tacos ever!!!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We came here to try the puffy tacos for lunch and after we were done, I wanted to come back for dinner. They were outstanding. I had one beef and one fish taco and both were amazing! i wish Hughies was closer to where I lived!

Visited June 2014