“I crave these tacos on a regular basis.”

Hughie's Taco House
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Hughie's is a fast and affordable Taco House which offers homemade food items including our "puff Taco". WINTER HOURS are limited, see below
Grand Marais, Minnesota
“I crave these tacos on a regular basis.”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The tacos are are similar to chalupas, but very fresh shells. The ingredients on a whole are not the best, but they work and have me hooked. I also love the taters(they are like Taco Johns potato Ole's).

1 Thank r0b1nh00d

Saint Anthony, Minnesota
“Best Taco in the WORLD!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I am a taco lover and never have i had a taco like the one i had at hughie's , the staff are VERY friendley , to sum it up I live 6 hours away and my wife and i drove up just to eat tacos , its a must to stop in when in Grand Marais!!!

• Visited August 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food great price great people”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

First the ladies behind the counter were very nice and and helpful, the food was very reasonably priced and very filling. I tried to eat two taco's and failed miserably (me being a 6'4 260lb guy). I was impressed with every aspect of this place down to the wonderful decor.

1 Thank cadillactraveler
Minnesota
“A Great Surprise”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Having been to several restaurants at Grand Marais, we went to Hughie's merely because we had never been before. We were taken aback at the quality of the food. The tacos shells are similar to Indian Fry Bread or the consistency of a sopapilla. They are soft and bread-like and called Puff tacos. They are huge and very filling. I could not eat a whole taco. The prices are very reasonable. The desserts are only $1.25 and $1.50. The atmosphere is simple but fun. The staff is very friendly. We look forward to making Hughie's an annual tradition.

2 Thank MinnesotaRandy