“This Moose ain't Mangy!”
Review of Mangy Moose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Marais
Mangy Moose Motel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Grand Marais
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Dave and Don go out of their way to make sure your stay is as convenient and friendly as possible! They are ready to give suggestions and advice about anything you'd like to see or know in town. The motel is in a GREAT location, right on the main road with a view of the lake from the picnic table out front. We love staying here, especially in room # 5 because of the little kitchenette and the bedroom with a door- this was perfect for our 5 year old who goes to bed by 7pm so we can be up in the other room, and the kitchen is great for my husband who loves to cook food for all of us!
I almost forgot to mention the BED. Wow. I seriously had an incredible nights sleep!
HIGHLY recommend this, except that I don't want YOU staying there when I want to be there! Go Have a great time!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2014

What a terrific little place and a fantastic location! Like many users, our room was neat, clean and the Don and Dave are excellent hosts. It's like you're a guest in there home! No plans for the day? Just ask what to do for the day, and they will be happy to suggest a few things rain or shine! We will definitely stay at the Mangy Moose any time we're visiting Grand Marais.

Room Tip: Try Hughie's Taco right down the street! It's our favorite restaurant in town for a quick b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for our anniversey and had a blast, rooms were VERY clean and the host's Dave & Don were wonderful and very helpful..I recommend this hotel five stars. We even had our dog with us because it's pet friendly.and that was a nice touch!! close to all the attractions in the area and in summer VERY close to the beautiful lake!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Mangy Moose for one night, and my wife and I were very satisfied. Though smaller than your average "big box" hotel room, our room was impeccably clean and comfortable, and included a microwave and small refrigerator (we stayed in room #6). The staff we encountered was very friendly, and we enjoyed a quiet night. Overall, a great stay at an unbeatable price!

My wife's parents also stayed. Their first room had a strong smell, but upon bringing it to the staff's attention, they were immediately moved to another room (which they were happy with).

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend room #6 for a couple!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrpianoman97
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are here for the night. He just said its "so cozy," and that he felt like he was at home in his own bedroom. Cute, cozy, convenient, and very friendly people here!! Next time we stay, we will be bringing our dogs! Everything was so close we just walked everywhere we went. 2 thumbs up.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karisue77
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I are staying here as I write this :) first impression is great! Looks good, welcoming. They are very friendly, and the room is very clean! Looks and smells great! Would recommend this place to anyone. Come stay in Grand Marais!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank bea_165
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed one night at the Mangy Moose, in Grand Marais, but definitely wish I could have stayed longer. The room I had was very cute, cozy, and quiet! And I emphasize QUIET. Comfortable beds and lots of towels in the darling bathroom. There was a kitchen for extra $ but I didn't pay for that and it's behind a locked door so I couldn't peek but I'm sure it's nice. :)
It's within easy walking distance of everything in Grand Marais; a Fabulous location!! The management is super nice too. When I called they asked if I had a pet and gave me a pet-free room, which I think was the only one left, but it's nice they have both.

I will definitely stay at this motel again and again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
#7 of 10 in Grand Marais
Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters
Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters
#5 of 32 in Grand Marais

Been to Mangy Moose Motel? Share your experiences!