“I don't like any donuts except these......”

World's Best Donuts
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Grand Marais
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are on the corner of Wisconsin Street and Broadway. Look for the cute little red building with the white scallops.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I am someone who really does not like donuts. However, I have to say that I really love these donuts and don't miss a chance to load up on them when I am in town!!!

There are newer reviews for World's Best Donuts

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had to grab a quick doughnut on a cold and blustery Saturday afternoon. Very small place and the line was out the door so took a little while of waiting in the cold to get a doughnut, not a huge selection here but they are very good. Basic cinnamon sugar doughnuts are by far my favorite. Are they the worlds’ best? I don’t know about that but they are close. Would definitely go here again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Indeed, these may be the VERY BEST DONUT'S in the world. If you go to Grand Marais make sure to visit them......and get a skizzle. To die for.

1  Thank Spencer M
Reviewed November 3, 2012

custard filled maple long johns were wonderful. Light custard not the typical plastic glue texture. Frosting that really tasted like maple. Last time I ran across these filled with this kind of flavor was in Sturgis sodakota 20 years ago.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is just a regular doughnut shop and the doughnuts were not particularly special and nowhere near the best I've ever had. My husband, Mr. Sweet Tooth, didn't even want to finish his. I waited in a sizable line with all of the other tourists and after canvassing the line, found that not a single person had been there before. I assume they were there because, like I, they had heard it was supposed to be good. It seems that the reputation is far greater than the product. If you need some doughnuts and there is no line, by all means, get some or go to the walk-up window. A cute place? Sure. However, I don't believe these doughnuts are worth waiting in line for.