“Very disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We planned to eat here as we had many times over the years but when we arrived someone sitting at the bar eating said they were closed. This was not indicated on the hours posted or on the web site. As we had travelled 25 miles, we were disappointed and annoyed. Would think twice before returning.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lynn G

Richfield, MN
“Ok but really not worth the effort”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our visit was disappointing. The setting is quaint and rustic. But the dining area is extremely loud well it is busy. And, there were only two people waiting and from what we could gather, only one person cooking. That translated into slow service. We ordered the cashew crusted walleye. It was tasty but it is the first time I have ordered fish and had it be "heavy." It was very greasy. I will say that the server was friendly and tried her best to keep up.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TroyD36
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“very disappointed”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went to Grand Marais for a fun weekend getaway...resort was a big disappointment, and honestly I think it was the worst service I have ever had at a hotel. We had no towels or shampoo/conditioner ...and at 730 in the morning there is no staff on duty, so we found the laundry room and a maids cart and got the stuff ourselves. When we got back at about 6pm our room had not been cleaned or bed made. I complained to the only staff person I could find, who was the bartender who told me she would talk to the owner/manager. Not sure what good that was as we never heard back from anyone and the next morning we got our own towels again. I was going to complain but again no one was working at the resort when we left at 830.

• Visited June 2013
Highland Park, IL
“Great venue to hear music and be on the lake”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We saw Cook County's Most wanted on Sunday night. I think they are regulars there. Great group of musicians! Good food and drinks. A great way tomspendban evening after fishing all day.

1 Thank Cathric
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Going back there to stay at the resort!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Food was GREAT. Wonderful lakeside view. Friendly service. Will definitely return.

• Visited July 2012