“A True Up North Getaway”
Review of Loon Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Marais
Loon Lake Lodge
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't have dreamed of a better vacation than the long weekend that I spent on Loon Lake. Loon Lake Lodge had everything that I was looking for in an "up north" getaway and more. The customer service provided by the staff at Loon Lake was absolutely wonderful. Tom and Terry made sure that all of our needs were met and even with all of the work they had to keep up with, it seemed that Tom still made plenty of time to socialize with the guests and make us feel right at home. I have stayed at my fair share of backwoods lodges throughout the country and I have to admit that Loon Lake Lodge was by far the cleanest I have seen. The bathrooms were immaculate and the beds were amazingly comfortable! I have not slept that well all year. I can tell that Loon Lake Lodge has a very loyal client base and I hope to make more trips up to Loon Lake in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank ehoeffler

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Needed a quiet getaway for work and relaxation. "The Shack" served that purpose and more. The kind attention from Terry and Tom to every detail including keeping the sloping driveway plowed to enable safe ingress and egress was impressive. This California boy learned a thing or two about how to enjoy the cold upper midwest in the winter. Look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 650ThomasS650
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We LOVED The Shack at Loon Lake Lodge. Beautiful, tranquil setting at the edge of Loon Lake. Beautiful view of the lake from the living room and bedroom. Great wood-burning fireplace with plentiful wood right outside your door. Fully stocked kitchen. Love the bird feeder outside the living room window. We probably sat by the fire watching the birds for at least ten hours that weekend. Also cross country skied all the way around the section of loon lake on a perfectly groomed trail. The cabin has complementary snow shoes hanging by the front door too. There really isn't anything about the shack that we didn't love. We will stay here again FOR SURE. would highly recommend staying there. The owners are very friendly and helpful as well. A+++++

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Stevejost
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend in the "Shack" at Loon Lake Lodge. This cabin was our home away from home! The beds are King sized and you wake up to birds chirping and a beautiful view of the lake. Each morning we started a fire as soon as we woke up and drank coffee while watching the birds have their morning feast. 2 sets of snowshoes are in the cabin, but unfortunately there wasn't enough snow coverage to use them. We hiked down the trail to Crab Lake and ran into the neighbors who were very friendly. This was the ONLY encounter with another human being all weekend. If you are looking for some rest, relaxation and privacy, this is definitely the place to be (and for an additional fee we were able to bring our dog Rix!)! We are hoping to go back this summer!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya C
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Having never been in this part of Minnesota before, I went by TripAdvisor posts to make the decision to book a cabin at Loon Lake Lodge for two nights. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. The setting is extremely private and peaceful and the location on Loon Lake is perfect for canoeing, kayaking, fishing and/or swimming. Tom and Terry have been operating Loon Lake Lodge for years and it shows--they are wonderful hosts and very comfortable in their roles. Tom has a great sense of humor and is willing and ready to make everyone's stay the best that he can. He is the "chef" for the lodge and daily makes awesome breakfasts to order. Since we had brought our own food which we needed to eat up, we did not have dinner in the lodge, but, the menu looked really really good. I enjoyed talking with Terry and hearing about what the area is like in the middle of winter with the lake frozen over and blanketed in snow...sounded sooo peaceful! Loon Lake Lodge was one of the best places we have ever stayed, and we will make every effort to return some day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Shack....which was any but a shack!...because that cabin was the only one available...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Enumclaw1991
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My sister and I spent Sept 21-24th in Cabin #1 at Loon Lake Lodge. We had a
wonderful time! We found the Cabin to be cute, cozy and clean. Tom and Terry
were great hosts. We Hiked, Kayak and did the zipline tour near by. Tom and Terry
were very helpful and friendly. I did and will suggest anyone to stay at this Lodge, you will not regret it.
we had the greatest sister getaway ever!

Room Tip: one with a lake view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dillon91
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been coming to Loon Lake Lodge for the past 6 years. Tom and Terry are so wonderful and will do whatever it takes to make your stay great. Tom is also a great cook so I would suggest having dinner at the lodge. We really like cabins 2,3 and 4. But all cabins are great. This is your time to get away, relax, enjoy a book, take a pontoon ride, fish. I am always so relaxed after my stay here.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple