MacArthur House Bed and Breakfast
East Bay Suites(Grand Marais)
$187
$125
Spruceglen Inn(Grand Marais)
$89
Best Western Plus Superior Inn(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$158
BestWestern.com
Aspen Inn(Grand Marais)
$75
Hotels.com
Aspen Lodge(Grand Marais)
$109
Mangy Moose Motel(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$99
TripAdvisor
The Shoreline Inn(Grand Marais)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbirch roomquiet streetother guestspecan french toastfall color tourplace to stayfive nightstwo blocksbreakfast was deliciouswonderful hostswonderful roomdowntown areaspent two nightsmain floorenjoyed our staywithin easy walking distanceour honeymoon
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Very clean home, nice town. However, when the sun came up, we all woke up, window treatments are horrible for blocking outside light. Breakfast was good. Owner barked at us for not disposing of our Sweet & Low package in the garbage can when getting a cup of tea/coffee. Very rude. Paid the bill, never received a thank you or hope to see you again. Doesn't matter, we won't be returning. Too bad, nice place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TomVo51
smax7737, Owner at MacArthur House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2009

Our guests are very important to us. We are very sorry for your experience. Our goal for all of our guests to have a wonderful stay.
Max and Sherri

Reviewed August 28, 2007

We just returned after a day's stay at MacArthur House at Grand Marais, MN. Its a big house owned by a family and they rent the rooms. The hosts were warm and friendly and can guide you about the places to visit nearby.
We stayed in North Shore Room which was quite comfortable. the bed was tidy and bathroom was clean though it has no bath tub. The room had no TV, Iron or coffee maker.
The breakfast is served at 8.30 am to all the guests. It included potatoes, french toast, fruits, juice and coffee. Though they boast that North Shore room has Lake Superior view, I felt thats its only to lure people. The Lake is at quite a distance and the view was obstructed by houses in between. Moreover, they charged $105 for it which I felt was expensive for a B&B (all hotels in that area are costlier so cannot really question them!)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Gaurav K
Reviewed September 9, 2006

I believe that negative review from 2003 was from when the B&B was under other owners. The owners when we visited were very hospitable and helpful.

Attractive premises. Rooms were extremely clean. Everything was in perfect repair. Very quiet.

The included breakfast was good and filling. Varied from day to day.
A good place for lunch is The Pie Place: excellenct pies and well prepared meals.

My only gripe was lack of internet service, but that was counterbalanced by the quiet and restful atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MikeNO
Reviewed July 28, 2005

We recently stayed at the MacArthur House B &B for five nights while I attended a workshop at the Grand Marais Arts Colony. We could not have picked a nicer, more accomodating place to stay. This B&B was specifically built for this purpose with large rooms and modern appointments. All rooms have private baths, I believe. Some are simple rooms with baths like our room, but there are also deluxe suites with whirlpool tubs and multiple rooms. One suite is like an appartment on the third floor. The weather was unusually hot for Grand Marais and not much has A/C including the MacArthur House. We were given a fan and the Mac Arthurs offered us another room with more windows. We were, however, very comfortable. The house also has a lovely garden and Sherri gave me a plant of one of the perenniels that I admired. The house is immaculate with a living room where any guest can relax outside of your room. Last but not least, the food is wonderful. Each day we could look forward to delicious treats for breakfast which were beautifully presented and served. My favorite was the French Toast baked with carmelized peaches. We also had fritatas, a wonderful scrambled egg dish on a home made roll, fresh fruit daily. My husband and I give the MacArthur House our highest recommendation!

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank mmissner
A TripAdvisor Member
ST. Paul, Mn
Reviewed April 23, 2005

My wife and I often visit the MacArther House B&B. The innkeepers Max and Sherri are a joy to be around and the rooms are very spacious. I'm not a breakfast guy, but I wouldn't miss theirs for anything! We bring new friends up every year and they love it. Compared to other B&B we've been to, this is where we feel "at home" the most. I'm shock to see the bad review from the Fargo folks. That is far from the truth! PLease check it out for yourselves and you won't regret it! The rates are very reasonable and the house is emaculate! The 5 hrs drive from St. Paul is worth it!

• Stayed: April 2005