Tuscarora Lodge and Canoe Outfitters
East Bay Suites(Grand Marais)
$180
$125
Best Western Plus Superior Inn(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$140
BestWestern.com
Spruceglen Inn(Grand Marais)
$89
Aspen Inn(Grand Marais)
$99
Aspen Lodge(Grand Marais)
$109
Mangy Moose Motel(Grand Marais)(Great Value!)
$99
TripAdvisor
The Shoreline Inn(Grand Marais)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfrench toast breakfastround lakebwca triplady slippersboundary watersgunflint trailadapermitportagesoutfittersandybunkhousecanoeadventuregearwildernesssubmitted
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stay at Tuscarora in a bunk house the night before we head out into the BWCA for our canoe trip. The owners and staff are friendly and professional, the bunk house and the bathrooms are clean, the area is beautiful and quiet, and we always love the French toast breakfast with lots of coffee and hot chocolate!
A big thanks to Sue and Andy and all the truly wonderful staff at Tuscarora!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
TuscaroraCanoe, Manager at Tuscarora Lodge and Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

We think you are pretty awesome too! Thanks so much for visiting Tuscarora and sharing your experience. We will have the coffee and hot chocolate ready for your next visit!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I found this resort on the internet. I submitted a reservation request and by the next morning Rachel called me. She set us up in cabin 4. I misunderstood her and thought she said we are a mile up the trail, they are an hour up the trail. After a few miles, I figured we passed it. I called and spoke to the owner on Saturday night and he directed me to the right place.

We were met in the drive way by Sue and she walked us up to the cabin, while we drove behind her. She showed us in. We loved it, so cute! They made us a plate of cookies and left it on the table along with a card welcoming us.

It was very strange to be so unplugged. No phone, internet, TV or music. I was grateful for the fan for white noise. I never would have slept with out it. It had all the amenities we needed and more than I expected that far up the Gunflint Trail.

I am an executive head housekeeper by trade, I inspected the room and found itneat and clean. I slept easy that night. The view out the front windows is incredible! The only weird thing the front door had a lock but it does not engage.

The next morning, we were nearly carried away by the Mosquitos. I live in MN and have never seen that many in all my life. Once we got out of the shade and into a sunny area, they were few and far between. We walked out on the dock and played with the doggies.

Before we left we walked up to the cabin and were greeted by wild roses growing next to the steps. We sat down with Andy and had a really nice conversation about the area and our stay.

I never would have been brave enough to venture this far out having diabetes, asthma and some fatal allergies, but I am sure glad I did. I had every thing I needed and felt safe.

We will be back again! Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
TuscaroraCanoe, Manager at Tuscarora Lodge and Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

What an adventure! We are happy we could help make your impromptu vacation an enjoyable one. Our housekeepers are pleased to hear they have met your high standards. Thank you for your kind words and pictures. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I just finished another trip into the BWCAW via the wonderful efforts of Sue, Andy, Rachel, and the rest of the excellent staff at Tuscarora, we have been customers of Tuscarora for 31 years now and somehow things just keep getting better.

The knowledge, and professionalism of everyone is amazing, but realistically there are good outfitters all over the BWCAW region, what you can't find is the true, honest concern for every guest that Andy and Sue, their family and staff exhibit. This is not some kind of text book customer service done well, it is honest and genuine.

What is the most gratifying about the service are the little touches, some very small comforts that have been worked into the routine that many guests may never notice, but they make the experience some much better. The route planning, the packing, the insider tips and hints that just make a trip memorable.

My wife and I have been fortunate to travel extensively in the United States, and in some other countries and I can absolutely say that I have never experienced better customer focused service anywhere. The weather, fishing and bugs may not cooperate on a canoe trip, but you can always count on a wonderful experience dealing with the folks at Tuscarora.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
TuscaroraCanoe, Manager at Tuscarora Lodge and Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thanks Tom! We're blushing! We sure do love having you and Elaine up.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Sue and Co at Tuscarora were great. We had a wonderful trip and would definitely use them again. Everything was packed and ready to go when we arrived and there was PLENTY of food - so never fear about going hungry out there. Part of me hates to write a review because I don't want the relative secret of the Boundary Waters to be revealed! Our memories of this adventure will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
TuscaroraCanoe, Manager at Tuscarora Lodge and Canoe Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thanks for sharing your secret of the Boundary Waters! The whole Tuscarora crew are glad to hear you had a great experience. Come back anytime and we will make sure you never go hungry!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

For our first trip to the BWCA, we wanted to find a place to stay that allowed us access to canoe day trips, but also provided the comforts of a cabin. Approaching our mid-60's, we are getting a little old for tent camping. We don't need 'luxury', but, rather, prefer rustic-but-clean, and this is what we found at Tuscarora. The cabin (#2) was perfect for us. It is old, off-square, and plain but with everything we needed to keep house and be comfortable. The owners and staff were helpful but in no way obtrusive and we felt completely at ease during our stay. The equipment (the cabins come with aluminum canoes, but we upgraded to kevlar) was good quality, and the advice they offered when we asked for it was helpful. We did three days of canoe day trips right from our front porch beach. (could expand on portages at length). Will go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your first BWCA experience with us! We love to share our insights about this beautiful place we love. The uniquely charming Cabin 2 will be waiting for your return!