“Best place ever!”
Review of Naniboujou Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Marais
Naniboujou Lodge
“Best place ever!”
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I stayed here last summer and enjoyed it to no end. It's on Lake Superior and just a few miles from Grand Marais. There's hiking and fishing nearby. It's a great way to get away from society for a weekend. The food is excellent. I would definitely recommend it for people who love the north woods.

• Stayed June 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed October 2, 2005

We have stayed at Naniboujou 5 times now, and after this year we are moving on. Even though our rooms had been booked for over a year and a half, we were given rooms with no view, and above the kitchen exhaust fans. All the rooms are small, so that was not the problem. I asked when I needed to book in order to have a room not over the noisy fans, I was told many people booked well over a year in advance...hmmmmmmmm.

Dinner friday night offered an over marinated pork tenderloin, to the point of turning to mush, and the Balsamic Glazed Ribeye was thin, chewey and served with a mound of gluey mashed potatos, however The French Onion Soup was delicious, as was the Sunday brunch.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2004

I am now 81 yrs. old and am recalling an entier summer of 1935 or 1936 as guest of Fred Sjoberg-, manager of Naniboujou. Now I must make a visit to recapture my youth ,and show my wife "THE
DEVIL"S KETTLE" What a dream! Harold Hutchins 202 S Ramsey ST. Blue Earth MN

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2004

Its been 3 years since we've stayed at Naniboujou, but I still dream of returning. What a lovely location, with plenty to do. The lodge is beautiful! I remember sitting on the edge of the lake, late at night, and just listening to the water lapping at the sand. So very relaxing.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 22, 2003

I attended an Elderhostel program with a friend, at the Naniboujou Lodge in Grand Marais,Mn. The setting right onLake Superior was spectacular for morning sunrise pictures, which I have. The Lodge is very colorful -Cree Indian deisgn ,and colors, not to mention comfortable. Teh food, prepared by theStaff, was excellent - especially the home=made breads.

We did not have sufficient time to discover the many wonderful driving trais - such as the Gunflint Trail, which starts in Gran marais, and takes you around some of the spectacular lakes Therefore, I would love to go back for a summer stay - or even Winter, and enjoy more of scenery.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2003

In a couple of weeks my wife and I will take up residence at Naniboujou for the third year in a row - during the winter. We love the area, and were it not for children and grandchildren here, we would become citizens somewhere along the shore. If you want to leave your cares behind, book a room at Naniboujou. What a great experience it is.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Duluth, MN
Reviewed October 1, 2002

While having lived in the northeast all my life, I'd never stopped at Naniboujou until this past September. Heading up north to spend some time on Isle Royle, my party and I stopped for lunch at the famous Naniboujou Lodge. We were greeted with a suprise. Everything wonderful everyone has ever said about this place is true. The dining room in huge with a stone fireplace at one end and the walls painted in wonderfully bright colors. We were seated immediately and soon were enjoying a fabulous meal. After lunch we toured around the hotel, although not being able to enter a hotel room, the surrounding area is just fantastic and, I'm looking forward to a planned weekend with some friends there soon.

6 Thank DuluthLimelady
#1 of 4 in Lutsen
Harbor Inn Restaurant & Motel
Harbor Inn Restaurant & Motel
#6 of 10 in Grand Marais

Been to Naniboujou Lodge? Share your experiences!