“Wilderness excellence!”
Review of Trail Center Lodge

Trail Center Lodge
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service! We enjoyed a great steak dinner, cooked exactly as we ordered - all delicious! Our annual trip to the BWCAW is never complete without a meal here!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We went for dinner and it was so good we returned a day later for breafast! The food was hearty and delicious. The hot roast beef served on yorkshire pudding was the perfect comfort food after a rainy day hike! The four of us each tried a different entree and everyone was happy! There was truly something for everyone. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed. While waiting for our food we browsed the store area and the selection of freeze dried foods was impressive. I bought a jar of red raspberry syrup that is to die for (wish I'd bought several) and although we were not backpacking we picked up the broccoli, cheese, and wild rice soup and thought it was way to good to save for backpackers. Worth a visit (or two)!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Always "a must" on our trips to the Gunflint Trail - Trail Center is the best restaurant EVER! As well as having high quality food - their malts are the best! We recently tried a "strawberry rhubarb" malt. OMG!! SO delicious!! Can hardly wait to return next month for more mouth watering delights!!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our last dinner before we head out into the boundary waters And our 1st lunch when we return!!! I love this place and if there was one nearby me in South Carolina I'd probably be a big as a house!!!! They have got the best cheeseburger - fries and Malt I have ever encountered in my life!!!! I literally dream of this place because I only get to visit it that time of year when we dive into the roughness of the BWCA!!! We travel a lot and dine out a lot but if I had to choose one meal in the world it would have to be here!!!! It's uniqueness of a "trail center" probably helps as well!!! The beer list is great with craft beers that we will NEVER have in our hometown. Great job Trail Center!!! Great food- Great Staff and great atmosphere!!! You deserve 5 stars

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Heard good things about Trail Center so after our morning hike we stopped there for lunch. The burgers are scrumptious. My sister, from Ohio, was beyond thrilled with her burger topped with peanut butter and mayo. We spilt a piece of mixed berry pie for dessert and as a pretty darn good pie maker myself, I have to admit it may have been the best pie I have ever eaten! But I only got one third of it due to some greedy family members! Friendly attentive staff, enjoyed chatting with them. We bought 2 bags of their camp chow for home cause the samples we so good!