“Good food”
Review of Trail Center Lodge

Trail Center Lodge
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very interesting tavern and restaurant. The food was well prepared and good service. I enjoyed all the pictures and memorabilia on the walls.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Always a good meal at a reasonable price. The only problem is everybody else knows this too, so sometimes you need to wait for a table.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've lived in Grand Marais since 1985 and travel quite a bit for my business. When I fly into a new city I have no idea where to eat so I consult Tripadvisor but more importantly, I talk with as many hotel employees as I can and ask where they like to eat...the locals always know where the best food is! The longer they've lived there, the more hidden gems they know about. Well, after living for nearly 30 years in Grand Marais, I can share with you that Trail Center is that gem in Grand Marais and is well worth the scenic 30 mile drive up the Gunflint Trail. North woods scratch-made food at it's best and the same owners since the day it opened. In fact, they've have the same waitresses for the last 10+ years...why? It's a great place to eat and work! BBQ ribs to die for, eclectic burgers and sandwiches you won't find anywhere else, all served in a log cabin setting. Did I mention the cool country store in the waiting area with tons of local homemade canned goods? Outdoor bar and dining in the summer with a view of the lake...it's right on Poplar Lake! If you're planning a trip to Grand Marais, you MUST stop here!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were staying at the Clearwater Lodge and came here for lunch and dinners that were not provided at our lodge. The food here was great. My wife is a pretty picky eater and she was very satisfied with the selection here. They also have some pretty good beers. Lastly, we purchased some great dried foods for backpacking here as well. They have a nice last minute shop for some supplies.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Fun and casual atmosphere and great good. Our waitress, Casey took great care of us. The food was delicious -- wide variety of items on the menu. You might need to wait a little for a table so don't arrive starving!