“Where Fisherman Go Out for Fish”

Dockside Fish Market
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We catch and eat a lot of fish and this is where we go for fish and chips; I prefer smelt during their short spring season, the subtle mild herring they catch in Lake Superior, some good firm cod. The halibut is delicious when they offer it! Add coleslaw, lightly battered fries or sweet potato puffs [my fave], a craft beer and head to the deck. PIck up their wild shrimp [sweet & delicious], and an assortment of all the smoked fish before you go.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

While I can't tell you much about the atmosphere....( we were seated on the outside overlooking the big lake), the view outside is outstanding! I had the fish and chips, and was not disappointed. Another nice thing was that though we had to wait for a table, my wife got me a mug of beer, and I went to the shore-rock hunting with my boys. Great way to kill waiting time! I will say that the fresh, Superior-caught fish was superb! Nicely done!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

But it is all about fish. Great little place to stop for lunch. Eat out on the back deck overlooking Lake Superior. Fresh fish is brought in everyday by a local commercial fisherman, one of only a remaining few. The fish chowder is great and don't forget to have a piece of carrot cake for desert. Wine and beer available.

1  Thank Mr_PeteBurnsville
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The halibut and trout were awesome. We did the all you can easy and we didn't even need more than the first helping.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I don't eat fish but everyone I know does. They all love the smoked fish at the Dockside. I love the soups. There is always a huge line there so go early for lunch.