“Classic Diner”

J and D's Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Brigham City
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Too many old diners are going by the way side. J&D's reminds me of my childhood. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and very affordable, and the atmosphere is what you would come to expect of a classic bustling diner. I will definitely go again!

There are newer reviews for J and D's Family Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stopped by while on vacation and had a really good lunch. It was hugely crowded, but the service was prompt and our food was timely and exactly what we ordered and expected. The staff is just the nicest and really helped us out with a perfect referral to a local laundromat, our next stop after being on the road for many days. We would go back.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Last August when our power was out (again) we decided to run into town for dinner and ended up at J & Ds for the first time in a long time (we decided it had been 12-15 years since we'd been there).

And we were both disappointed. I ordered from the 'Sr. Menu'; the waitress didn't want to take the order since she said I didn't look old enough (Okay, that's a compliment at my age!) and so it was only after my offer to be 'carded' that she took down the order. That was for fish & chips. Then I made the mistake of asking if they had any malt vinegar? Back she came, but with cider vinegar. Sigh.

My husband's meal was so-so as well. We decided that we really needed to visit this restaurant at least every 15 years or so, just so see if the food ever gets any better.

But for those wishing to relive old-time memories of diners that used to populate the Route 66s of the country, this will fit your bill.

1  Thank Lorienbaskets