“Wish we had one in my home town”

Old Grist Mill Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Brigham City
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a real find in Brigham City--one of a snall chain. Excellent, inexpensive meals. Gread breads and desserts. Large, inviting dining area.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Wish we had one in my home town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hubby and I stopped to gas up and saw this place a block away and decided it might be a good place for some breakfast. When we 1st walked in we noticed 2 things. First was the smell of fresh baked bread, a smell that did not diminish in our time spent here. Second, was that everyone was busy doing something. We were the only customers yet everyone was hard at work, cleaning, baking or wiping down tables. It ended up being a GREAT place and yes one of the best I've ever eaten. I had a asiago cheese bagel, hubby had a spinach cheese bagel and then we split a giant (and I mean humongous) raspberry sweet roll. 1st bite into our bagels and we could tell our bagel had just been made and quality ingredients had been used. Then we took a bite of the roll...all I can say is it was great! Super! Not overly sweet. Not overly frosted. Soft and just the right amount of raspberry filing.
We enjoyed the food so much that we went back up to the counter to order some bagels and another roll for later on our road trip.
Seriously if we are ever in Brigham City, UT we now have it on our list of must stops and I have told everyone that they should put it on their must go to places. Service was excellent, and I did notice that after we sat down this place started to get busier and I never saw anyone not attended to immediately.
Oh and one other nice thing....our entire breakfast: 2 bagels, each with cream cheese, 1 huge sweet roll and 2 drinks cost less than $6.00. Yup....$6.00.

• Visited June 2013

Brigham City, Utah
“Good food,quick service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Love the bread and soup! Always a busy place at lunch time. Their cookies and scones are delicious. They are close to the freeway exit and should be easy to find.

Visited May 2013
Davis County, Utah
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant multiple times, as my coworkers often choose it when we go out to eat. It is a favorite around here. I have yet to see why. I have never had anything there but stale cookies, burned brownies, stale bread, skimpy meat, and poor customer service. I don't think I've ever had them get my order right (you fill out a piece of paper with what you want, and they still can't manage to get the right stuff on my sandwich). Also, once I ordered and paid for a full sandwich, and when they finally called my number (after a good 15 minute wait), they gave me a half sandwich. When I told them this, the woman behind the counter acted like she didn't believe me and asked to see my receipt! I found this very rude. I showed her my receipt, and without saying anything she walked away and I waited a good long time before I finally got the other half of my sandwich (made incorrectly, of course). That was kind of the last straw for me - I have not been back since, and when my coworkers go there, I decline.
The only reason I rated this restaurant as 'poor' instead of terrible is because they do have a fabulous raspberry sweet roll. It's the Old Grist Mill's only redeeming feature. (I have never been to the other locations of this restaurant, so I only speak for the one in Brigham.)

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank mombrain
Brigham City, Utah
“Great soup and fresh baked bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Fresh made sandwiches. Great soups, several varieties. Fresh baked breads, cookies, scones, bagels, pumpkin squares. Friendly, and speedy, staff. Hot sandwiches after 3.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Kopilot1
Logan, Utah, United States
“Cow Pie Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wednesday is cow pie day and these are the best cookies known to Logan. Sugar Cookie day is also pretty amazing but any day makes for delicious sandwiches for a great price.

Visited October 2012