“Great Food”

Bonkers Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Page
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bonkers is one of the oldest buildings in Page. The decor is local artwork of the beautiful surrounding area. Owner operated with American and Italian cuisine, in a casual dining atmosphere.The restaurant is small and quaint.
Boxford, Massachusetts
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Lovely upscale restaurant. Food was excellent. Murals on wall nicely done. Italian selections very good and excellent steaks.

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Charlotte, NC
“Great choice!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Ate here on the recommendation of 2 separate tour guides. We were not disappointed. Arrived about 530pm, by 630pm the place was full. Early bird specials were a fabulous deal. Good wine list at fair prices. Family owned restaurant and the host was very attentive. Service was fabulous and it was obvious that the wait staff look after each other. We throughly enjoyed our meals. Portions were generous. Save room for dessert. The apple crisp was wonderful! This is the type of restaurant that we hope to find when we travel, but often eludes us.

• Visited May 2014
Richmond, VA
“If you are looking for mediocre...go to Bonkers”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Blah. The food at Bonkers was mediocre at best. We went on a Saturday evening between 6 and 7. I reqeusted lime for my water and was told by the server that they were out of lime. The reason she stated was...since they are closed on Sunday, they do not want to have excess items left after Saturday night.

Then menu was limited and uninspired. My husband ordered a steak which was something like you could get in any chain restarurant--but at a much higher price! We both ordered baked potatoes...she returned to the table to say they were out of baked potatoes...Guess the kitchen was going to be empty by 10:00! I am not sure when we will be in Page again...but I can tell you when we will be back at Bonkers...NEVER.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KalamityK
JBMFUNINTHESUN, Owner at Bonkers Restaurant, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
How sad it is that a review has to be made over not having fresh limes and baked potato. As owners we dropped the ball not having fresh limes and it is hard to believe a server would tell you that because we are closed on Sundays. For that we totally apologize. For the baked potato, I only prepare a certain amount every evening because we off so many side dishes. Again, we apologize you did not get baked potato, but we had many other choice for you. The steak is Certified Angus Beef and it is a fabulous steak. I would love to know what chain restaurant you go to. As for our menu, it is huge with many choices.
Did you let my husband know or the server know you were so unhappy and that you did not enjoy the steak or any part of the evening?
We could have taken care of the situation right away if we would have known, but you had to put such a review on line. I am sorry you were so unhappy over dinner. I will never understand why anyone would have to write such reviews, but this is the day of social media and it is something we have to deal with. If you are ever in town, we would hope you would give us another chance.
Blah, I know that is not true, and we are so grateful to our locals and all the tourists that enjoy our food and support us. We are also grateful when a guest lets us know when they are unhappy and they give us a chance to make it right.
Best Regards,
Barbara Mesler
owner/chef
Manchester England
“Would thoroughly recommend”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant was full to capacity when we arrived but after a short wait at the bar we were soon seated by the pleasant owner who was very attentive to customers needs. All staff were pleasant and helpful.
Food was delicious and plentiful and served piping hot.
I have never seen tables cleaned so thoroughly ever in a restaurant, even condiments were wiped, and was extremely impressed by this. I also noticed staff using anti bacterial gel when entering kitchen.
I would definitely recommend

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tony94
Oklahoma City
“Ditto the good reviews!”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, just what we needed after a full day of touristing. We had the early bird $10 specials. We didn't have reservation, arrived about 5:15, within 30 minutes restaurant was packed.

1 Thank cc4